Please help identify what is wrong with my tree

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought it at my local Lowes home improvement store. It was around the $100 range I think. I would not be quick to judge them on mis labeling though because it is just as likely that I have gotten the name mixed up over time.
My next purchase will be from a local nursery and will try and pay closer attention to the depth it has been planted.

Thanks to all of you who have helped me.
This is my first time posting on this site and everyone has been very kind and helpful.

Thanks

Wrong with tree

The tree in the second set of photos is a red oak. They are all similar, could be a Northern red, a black, a shumard, pin, nutall...

This one is not going to get better. If a young recruit tree is planted on the site where a similar species has died, soil born fungi can overwhelm the tender beginner. Sometimes after doing planting correctly, a tree can still fail. Overwatering, not allowing the soil to dry out will achieve a similar result. Think like a tree, and remember their home is a forest. Make the site more forest like, mulch, and get better results. Keep trying, friend...

Latest posts

Back