Please help!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Say guys. This is Homeowner 101. Kindly work out your squabbles in the other areas.

I think Raintree (as usual), is right on target with his advice. While I am not familiar with algicide use on decks, that seems entirely possible. My initial searches on that subject reveal that most on-line help seems to be pointing toward vinegar or bleach solutions, which I would not expect to wipe out all your trees. Now if they used copper sulfate? That's very hard on tree roots. I would not expect anything that resembled herbicide damage, though.

Sadly, I have not experience with tree slain by deck washing. I suspect that will be hard to track down as a cause.

Looks like a lot of great firewood to me.
Seriously? The trees are not dead...yet. I have a well known arborist coming beginning of next week and I'm praying for a miracle. Hard. Nothing is getting cut down until there is no other option. And if that has to happen, we will use or sell the wood ourselves.

"bonded, or insured."

What is a Bonded Landscaper?​

"A bonded contractor means they are also looking out for the best interest of their customers. Having a bonded contractor means they have a surety bond and its sole purpose is protecting you. For instance, if you hire a contractor and they decide to bail on you halfway through the project or they complete the work, but do a horrific job and/or damage your property, the surety bond ensures that the work will the work will either be completed properly or you will be reimbursed and allowed to hire a contractor to complete the work. So, what do you do if the work isn?t complete or is done subpar? All you have to do is to directly contact the surety company, give them the contractor?s bond number and certification, and the rest will be taken care of. Having a bonded contractor gives you financial protection and ease of mind that the work will be completed one way or another."
https://landscaperlist.net/landscap...scaper-i-hire-be-licensed-bonded-and-insured/

That article is fluff and misdirection, while it never answers the question that it's title asks.

It's fairly obvious that you don't know what a "bonded landscaper" is, too. I, however, am fairly expert on the topic, having paid for performance bonds. Anyone that claims in their advertising that they are "licensed and bonded" is probably lying. I'd go into details, but that's for another thread.
There are a number of different kinds of bonds, and they are seldom needed or useful in the landscaping industry.

I was wondering how long has it been built up in the yard looks like about 30" wall and dirt added. I have not seen good results burying the trunk of a tree. if buried the bark can rot off and they can die as the nutrient uptake is disturbed. dig down to check if any bark is still attached. Once i was asked to grind out a stump and after a few feet i noticed a cut limb, the neighbor was laughing when he told me they buried 30 feet of the lower tree. another job was 7 trees removed when the neighbor pressure washed a fence just slightly uphill from the dead trees.
I would guess not just from washing as the little limbs are sprouting everywhere on a couple of those which shows it has been trying hard to survive as the tree shuts down. Of coarse different locations will have very different results , something that many will not mention, That goes for things other than just trees also.

Latest posts

Back