Please recommend a chain saw for my needs

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When my 288 went down in 40” plus oak my 562 stepped up and got it done. The 288 is not the last “quality saw “ that husky has made
562 is a good saw but I promise there are many more 288s out there with many times the running hours on them then the 562s. And honestly if parts were not drying up for them people would never get rid of them.

What you sold your infamous muf mod 400 ?

I've sold lots of CS400 saws to former Stihl and Husky owners after they ran one and still have a few left. Don't knock a saw until you actually run one. Those Cs 400 saws are light, handle great, saw great start easy and don't break down plus are reasonable. The 2 best but buys are the CS400 and CS590 by far. Steve

If you purchase a Echo saw you will not get a clamshell. You will get all metal construction.If you get a Husky you will not get adjustable oiler. If you get the Echo you will get an adjustable oiler. I have all three brands.Echo is lower cost, have professional features rim sprockets.Anyway this is my favorite brand.

If you purchase a Echo saw you will not get a clamshell. You will get all metal construction.If you get a Husky you will not get adjustable oiler. If you get the Echo you will get an adjustable oiler. I have all three brands.Echo is lower cost, have professional features rim sprockets.Anyway this is my favorite brand.

Since when does a professional husky not have an adjustable oiler? Does Echo offer full wraps? Spin the rpms? A half way decent set of dawgs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have an Echo cs352. It is a clamshell and no adjustable oiler. It is a good little saw though.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

My 352 is really a Shindaiwa.So this may clear up any inconsistencies.It is NOT a clamshell. Id does have an adjustable oiler. It is a professional saw.End of discussion.Why would anyone require full wraps on a 35 cc saw?

I went with the Stihl 261 for $600 out the door. I'll let you know how it goes. I took a look at the echo last night at Home Depot and I like the fact that the Stihl is lighter and the reviews on here where excellent and saving a hundred and seventy-five bucks wasn't as critical to me in the long run. I can see where the echo is an excellent saw at that price point. The particular dealer I went to only carries one Husqvarna at this point, the 455 Rancher. I can't bash Husqvarna at all. The little 136 has worked flawlessly for the past 18 years and I will still be using it. Thank you to everyone for pointing me in the right direction on this purchase.

We were talking about Echo, not shindaiwa. Your shinny must have been made before echo bought them. There is no 352 shindaiwa now, and all the saws below 50cc in both lines are clamshell without adjustable oiler.
My 352 is really a Shindaiwa.So this may clear up any inconsistencies.It is NOT a clamshell. Id does have an adjustable oiler. It is a professional saw.End of discussion.Why would anyone require full wraps on a 35 cc saw?

20181006_184258[1].jpg 20181006_184437[1].jpg Apparently you aware that Echo and Shindaiwa have merged?Anyway as mentioned my 352 is Not a clamshell and it DOES have an adjustable oilier.I will attempt to get a couple pictures so you can see for yourself.It is an older model so things may have been changed.Great saw.In this last image you can plainly view the adjustment for the oiler.Ken

Apparently you aware that Echo and Shindaiwa have merged?Anyway as mentioned my 352 is Not a clamshell and it DOES have an adjustable oilier.I will attempt to get a couple pictures so you can see for yourself.It is an older model so things may have been changed.Great saw.
Yes, Kioritz, Shindaiwa and Echo are under Yamabiko. That's why I said your shindaiwa must have been made prior to the buy out.

View attachment 678594 View attachment 678596 Apparently you aware that Echo and Shindaiwa have merged?Anyway as mentioned my 352 is Not a clamshell and it DOES have an adjustable oilier.I will attempt to get a couple pictures so you can see for yourself.It is an older model so things may have been changed.Great saw.In this last image you can plainly view the adjustment for the oiler.Ken
Good looking saw. I wish they still made them like that.

It also has the elasto start. I mentioned about the engine to another member. He suggested that I remove the base gasket for increased performance.I like it the way it is.

It also has the elasto start. I mentioned about the engine to another member. He suggested that I remove the base gasket for increased performance.I like it the way it is.
If it had more power, you would like it better. You can check the squish without tearing it down to see if a base gasket delete is possible.

Latest posts

Back