Please tell me I don't have CAD

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adamgaspo

I do the things
Reaction score
Just picked up the beauties from a friend some are staying with me and two are going back rebuilt!
In this pic
Ms192 t
S
Stihl 036 pro
Stihl 034 av
Husky 268xp 300 aniv

Also the Ms 440 on the right is mine all mine hands off!

CAD Rule of Thumb

You have CAD when the number of saws you own exceeds the number you actually have use for.

IE: A tree company is OK to own 20 saws, you personally owning 20... Probably, not so much...

I used to have CAD but now I work on saws in my spare time so those become the "show room saws" to explain size, weight, power, AV systems, chain types, etc...

(yea that's totally my excuse for owning all those saws below :msp_tongue: )

Last edited:
Well I now own seven saws three t handles a limbing saw a bucking saw and a felling saw I'm getting there I guess

Another limbing saw will be in a week or two

the real question is which ones do you get to keep?

You also know you have CAD when you have the urge to take 1/2 a saw and buy all the parts to rebuild it... even if it costs more than a good used one... :dizzy::dizzy:

I believe just thinking about more chainsaws is indeed CAD. Once the seed is planted there isn't much you can do about it. Resistance is futile... :cool2:

CAD Rule of Thumb

You have CAD when the number of saws you own exceeds the number you actually have use for.

IE: A tree company is OK to own 20 saws, you personally owning 20... Probably, not so much...

I used to have CAD but now I work on saws in my spare time so those become the "show room saws" to explain size, weight, power, AV systems, chain types, etc...

(yea that's totally my excuse for owning all those saws below :msp_tongue: )

I'm safe then; the most I've had the last year was 18 (down to 14 now) :cheers:

Back