Pole saw blades!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rahtreelimbs

A.K.A Rotten Tree Limbs
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Amoungst My Saws........Fool That Has Too Many!!!
Currently I'm using a Hook-Tip-Blade on my polesaw ( Sherrill #15339 ). I'm thinking about going to a Fanno-Mondo- Blade double thick ( Sherrill # 15330 ). I'm thinking these double-thick blades may hold up better. Mine tend get bent up on long reaches from the ground. Anyone out there have any experience with these double-thick blades, or any other suggestions? Thanx, Rich.

Last edited:
Snap-Cuts have always been the cheapest available, therefore the most used by employers.

I found a polesaw blade in the chip truck left by the previous owners that I really like. Similar to the Snap-Cut, but the teeth are about 1/2" wide with a flat top instead of pointed. It only cuts on the pull stroke, and there is a notch on the cutting side of each tooth that fits a 5/32" chainsaw file perfectly. After sharpening this blade with a 5/32" file, it cuts better than any Snap-Cut I've ever used. I'll have pictures by next week and maybe someone here can identify it so I can find more like it.

We use the snap cut pole saws at work and they seem to take the abuse.
I don`t remember ever breaking one.

Originally posted by treeclimber165
I found a polesaw blade in the chip truck left by the previous owners that I really like. Similar to the Snap-Cut, but the teeth are about 1/2" wide with a flat top instead of pointed. It only cuts on the pull stroke, and there is a notch on the cutting side of each tooth that fits a 5/32" chainsaw file perfectly. After sharpening this blade with a 5/32" file, it cuts better than any Snap-Cut I've ever used. I'll have pictures by next week and maybe someone here can identify it so I can find more like it.

It is made by Fiskars. They have hand saws with the same kind of blade as the pole saws. So far I have seen one of those toy folding saws and a 17" hand saw.

I think I have one of the chain saw blade pruning saws in my garage somewhere. It really isn't that bad of a saw for doing minor stuff. I am interested in possibly getting one of the pole extensions for one of my silky saws, see how I like that. I found the snap cut blades at HD a couple months ago for about $10 per blade and didn't think that was too bad at all.

Back