Poor Hippies

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's a joke right? I sure hope they aren't for real.

In tears....From laughing!!! Stupid hippies! These are just like the imbeciles that we had to deal with when I was Falling Timber in Humboldt County CA.

In tears....From laughing!!! Stupid hippies! These are just like the imbeciles that we had to deal with when I was Falling Timber in Humboldt County CA.
Serious? There are people out there like this?!

I had to rep ya for having the patience to deal with them. I might have snapped.

Can you imagine those people around christmas time! :hmm3grin2orange:

What do you suppose their houses are framed with? Or furniture or cabinets are built with?

The scariest part is, those people are allowed to vote! They may be on the extreme left, but there are many more that are not that far off.

I'd give a lot of money to be there with a chainsaw when they started screaming. I'd topple 4 acres of trees before they could eat a bean curd.

You bet there are! Like I said, I fell timber in Northern California, Humboldt County...was there for four years, and had to deal with hippies just like these, on a regular basis!

I was born and raised in Humboldt County. I started logging there. When the hippies first showed up we all kind of laughed and didn't take them too seriously. That was a mistake.

The media loves them and they play to the media. The media broadcasts their lunacy and people all over the world start believing the hippy message that any kind of logging is evil. The hippies come and go but their message and their goal is crystal clear...and it's listened to and taken as gospel by well meaning but uninformed people everywhere.

I don't regret one single OG redwood that I ever put on the ground. I do regret that we let a bunch of kids with bad ideas get their foot in the door and begin the ruin of what was once a great way of life.

I was born and raised in Humboldt County. I started logging there. When the hippies first showed up we all kind of laughed and didn't take them too seriously. That was a mistake.

The media loves them and they play to the media. The media broadcasts their lunacy and people all over the world start believing the hippy message that any kind of logging is evil. The hippies come and go but their message and their goal is crystal clear...and it's listened to and taken as gospel by well meaning but uninformed people everywhere.

I don't regret one single OG redwood that I ever put on the ground. I do regret that we let a bunch of kids with bad ideas get their foot in the door and begin the ruin of what was once a great way of life.

Good post Bob! Somebody rep him for me please! The luna/Julia Butterfly circus went way too far, and the media was so biased when they showed her on Dateline NBC. Now everybody thinks she is some kind of hero! Columbia was the outfit hired to log all the trees around "LUNA", and my friends and co-workers were the ones that cut the trees on that job(I showed up mid '99, right after they did that job). One of my buddies had a video of "all wise" and "all knowing" Julia butterfly sitting on a five gallon bucket/toilet, and waving to them, saying a lot of nonsense...kinda funny how that stuff never gets seen in the media? Also never gets reported what a mess these maggots leave beneath their little tree houses? It was disgusting! Trash, feces...Just the smell around their little nests would make you vomit! Alright, I am done ranting :rant: better go to the weight room and release some aggression! :bang:

Cody,

I've seen that before. . . Don't wanna hear it again.

We have smarter Green Nazi's in these parts. . . Instead of wailing like idiots in front of a camera, they're active in writing legislation, letters, and all around underhandedness.

One letter shuts a sale down now. :rant:

Cody,

I've seen that before. . . Don't wanna hear it again.

We have smarter Green Nazi's in these parts. . . Instead of wailing like idiots in front of a camera, they're active in writing legislation, letters, and all around underhandedness.

One letter shuts a sale down now. :rant:

It's the same thing here. We don't see the protesters and organized demonstrations like there used to be.

The anti-logging people have gotten political. Lawsuits, injunctions issued by sympathetic judges, negative public comment on THPs, and appeals to all the public agencies involved in logging that are scared of offending the tree huggers have taken the place of outright public demonstration.

At least the demonstrators were up front and in your face. I didn't agree with anything they were trying to accomplish but they had the guts to stand right up and tell you where they stood and what they believed in. Now the sneaky bastards hide behind attorneys and preservationist groups to further their agenda...and they're good at it.

There were a couple of alternative lifestyle women who I had to take out and pretend to listen and be concerned. They were upset that the trees probably suffer and could feel the bad vibrations of the equipment that was coming to kill them.

After that, when I saw them around the office, I would hum Good Vibrations.

Latest posts

Back