port-a wrap

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hear this talk of timber failing could it be operator
failing instead of knot? I personally have used it to tie off
block and porty with no trouble. If I hear a true climber
properly tied a timber and it truly failed,I will use a diferent
not! If I have enough slack after correctly tied, I sometimes
bowline to a stub for security added!!!! That is usually when
I am taking out a big block, and start worrying about every
piece of gear being strong enough to handle load!!!! Then
if groundy understood what I explained of letting run and
is this guy on earth or out to pluto!!!

I still do from time to time, or lace the rope through some branches. Friction in and on the tree can be better then setting up a brake. Especially with people who are unfamilliar with the devices.

When working with light loads, or large quantites, then block, brake and slings save time.

Thats what I'm talking about, old school productivity:rockn:

Timber Hithers are porbably your best bet . and a porta Wrap helps alot too as do whoopis but you need to replace them as they wear .
If you have the 2000 + get a GCRS I saw one in action Damn I need digtal video camerea . They can is used corectly actaull mive a larger log Over a house ! I ssaw that ! I was impressed to say the least .

If you can your best bet is to find soem palce where you can try differnt things . or take soem courses . Not be be rude But it is damn hard to find palces to pratice falling . If you take soem coursaes make sure the instructoir is qualified . Schools often a copetative or continuing ed dept of a public university will have trees at it's disposal for you ro parctice on .

I would not try new things on a job or if you are cutting a tree for a buddy !

Latest posts

Back