port job

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just wondering if has any insight on my piston wash pic in first post. would like to know if i should try to balance it out.

Not being able to see the upper ports or first hand impressions of the port shapes, it is difficult to offer advice of how to even the pattern out.

If you are happy with the saws performance, I personally wouldn't worry about the issue.

I think it's just the saws way of saying thank you for letting me breath better and lean me out:hmm3grin2orange:
I to would like to know.I thought all the action was in the top transfers.

Without cleaning all the carbon off the piston in the first place, its hard to see what was there before and after. As its looks now its rich. But that also may be carbon from before? I myself clean the piston and cylinder very well when porting. Then after running for sometime you will see what's really happening. Same with plugs. If you throw a new plug in it will take awhile before its going to show signs of rich/lean. Not in a few test runs that's for sure.

As Boleclimber stated, without looking at the actual transfers it is hard to give any advice. There does look like there are small differences in the angle in the top of the transfer ports. Unless you have the proper porting tools, it is doubtful you could clean up the angles.

I can't see if the pattern is centered in the combustion chamber. If not, that may be something you could clean up. Sometimes one side will open just a tad earlier than the other side. You can center the pattern by trimming a bit off the piston so that both sides open at the same time.

Back