Porting my 361

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well sorry I wasn't trying to insult anyone. You may have made some gains but I will say mostly in the exhaust outlet. (muffler)
But the facts are true. Just because you go in a motor and do some grinding and polishing doesnt mean you benefited, you could very easily hinder the motor.
By the way their are no proven benefits to polishing like that other than to reduce carbon build up. My father actually believes a smooth, none polished exhaust actually makes more power.
he all ways tells me.
"you think those engineers that designed that motor are dumb"

Maybe you should have cleaned that cylinder up a bit looks like they may have been some slight carbon scoring.

Again not meaning to insult anyone just that its not the proper way to port any 2 cycle motor. I would just hate to see every back yard gear head do this to an expensive peace of equipment expecting to benefit from it and end up with JUNK.

Someone like you doesn't deserve a response, but here I am. You can ask those that have seen my work will tell you how they run. I'm certainly no expert but I take great pride in my work and my saws run very strong.

I wanted to add that I tried an 8-pin sprocket on the 361. It pulled it well. However, the times were a little slower with it. You would only be able to tell with a stop watch. So it'll live it's life with a 7-pin.

Latest posts

Back