Possible dumb question on "Felling Marks"

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nah not really that much. Its only been about fourty years or so Im sure Ive still got things to learn. I dont pay attention to the saw while Im felling. Im more concerned with what the tree is doing.

Huh... I must have learned it backwards. All this time I've been using the saw to make the tree fall where I want.:dizzy:

They're marks placed on the power head that are perpendicular to the blade that are used as a guide to indicate the direction the tree will fall, unless acted on by another force.

attachment.php

Showoff! Man that is a fine looking saw!!!

Thank god were all better at actually doing our jobs , than explaining to others how we do our job , God help the person who tries to decipher all this misinformation ...lol

Rtfm ?

RTFM, I told my wife I didn't need directions .I've got those hangy down things!:jawdrop:
Russ

I am not a every day logger, but I find the felling sights are good to use to keep from cutting through part of the hing.

Showoff! Man that is a fine looking saw!!!
Ain't she just a dandy. :)

I actually got it from Husky to use for my article in the next issue of the magazine. The sad part is that I have to give it back in a few months. They were quite willing to let me beat the crap out of it for testing though. I'm not going to run straight gas in it or anything like that, but I'm gonna run it hard. This particular one has the regular carb on it but they are sending me one with the autotune carb on it so I can compare them side by side. Can't wait. I get to keep the autotune one since I actually purchased it. They just haven't made it yet.

Stay Tuned!!

attachment.php

attachment.php

well. now that i got some juice in me,

My ?? is

How the #### do you even run a saw and not realize that there are lines all over it?

& How the #### do you not put 2&2 for that matter 1&1 together and figure, Hay thoes lines look like they point to where the bar is...

I have been holding back as far as speaking my mind here ever since my forest service encounter, but i think thoes times are over...

Watch out dumbasses!!!

:chainsaw:

Back