post a pic of your OWB

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Crown Royal stove heating a 2000 square foot home and hot water.

Furnace-Saws009.jpg

Totally hillbilly homemade version... from my initial testing of it, it appears that it's going to work great...

View attachment 102621

naw man, i got you beat by a million....mines hillbilly....

acutally this weekend the bottom of the chimney blew out. draft opened, fan kicked on, smoke ignited, POOF! huge hole now.... galvanized died in the matter of 2 months.

/me hunts up some 6" stainless....20Ft of it....

Kalib Stock,

In the dead of winter I fill every 12 hours. Nothing more, and the windows of the house are cracked or open to let the cool in LOL!!

Very nice set ups y'all! :cheers:

I don't own one and never heard about them until finding AS. Question... do most of ya have a fair amount of land??? Several acres or just out more in the country and the pics make it seem like there are no neighbors around?

Another question... this one about sheds... I see a fair # of people here built their own shed and most do not have side walls (which I believe is to keep the air moving and help the moist get out of the wood)... want about in the winter and during the rains?? Doesn't the wood along the edges get/stay moist?? I'm thinking (i) rain doesn't always come down str8 and (ii) snow drifts. Do you just pull from the internal logs and then next season 'route the stock'? Obviously, no side walls also keeps the cost down.

Kalib Stock,

In the dead of winter I fill every 12 hours. Nothing more, and the windows of the house are cracked or open to let the cool in LOL!!

Hey Chap,
That Royal look's like it was built in the same place as my Heatmaster, only with less bells & whistles?? I looked them up, can't find where they're manufactured?
PAul

Very nice set ups y'all! :cheers:

I don't own one and never heard about them until finding AS. Question... do most of ya have a fair amount of land??? Several acres or just out more in the country and the pics make it seem like there are no neighbors around?

Another question... this one about sheds... I see a fair # of people here built their own shed and most do not have side walls (which I believe is to keep the air moving and help the moist get out of the wood)... want about in the winter and during the rains?? Doesn't the wood along the edges get/stay moist?? I'm thinking (i) rain doesn't always come down str8 and (ii) snow drifts. Do you just pull from the internal logs and then next season 'route the stock'? Obviously, no side walls also keeps the cost down.

---------------------------

Ditto. I am interested also. Plus can you tell me how much wood is in a chord.

eg cubic feet etc.

Peter

---------------------------

Ditto. I am interested also. Plus can you tell me how much wood is in a chord.

eg cubic feet etc.

Peter

A cord is 128 cubic feet... measured 4' height, 4' depth, 8' length

Here's mine. As you can see, snow with the open sides is not an issue. I have a stud wall separating the wood from the OWB with a door in the center. The door opens toward the OWB so I can open it, and remove wood from the inside of the stack. The last wood I use is the outside 'walls'.
That way, snow doesn't drift in and cover the short stacks of wood.
And no, that's not all the wood I use a year. The shed holds about 6 cords. I use wood from other stacks first and only use the wood in the shed for when the weather isn't cooperating.
If you look close you can see that I use the stud wall to organize cleanout tools and fire extinguishers. I decided to use a studwall between the wood and OWB after my neighbor's woodpile caught fire when sparks from his open OWB door blew into his woodpile.
owb0091024x768.jpg

Back