Post pictures of your woodpile/splitting area

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Steve you are killing me, couldn't find this thread...

Anyways, a different point of view and a little progression on the 2014-15 stack in the back row. Oh, I was sweeping the chimney so about 30' up or so.

IMG_20130302_112552_414_zps5dc14e48.jpg

You've got yourself a VERY fine looking shed there. Was trying to sort out my new climbing setup yesterday after I got home from work. I set a rope 75ft up an Ash in my backyard (also pruned out some dead wood while I was up there ;) ) and got a bit of a different view of my wood shed.

attachment.php

What is the story on those stacking boxes?

Story is that I park in 78 acre complex and a pallet contractor closed business 20 years ago. My land owner asked me to find a way to dispose of them :D. I sure found a way. Makes moving around easy with forks. These boxes are available as used units if you search.

https://www.google.com/webhp?source=search_app#hl=en&sugexp=les%3B&gs_rn=5&gs_ri=psy-ab&tok=2nugDCmdwntWhd9DEAElzA&cp=11&gs_id=16&xhr=t&q=plastic+pallets&es_nrs=true&pf=p&output=search&sclient=psy-ab&oq=plastic+pal&gs_l=&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_cp.r_qf.&bvm=bv.43148975,d.dmg&fp=443df112168ae7b8&biw=1280&bih=667

Story is that I park in 78 acre complex and a pallet contractor closed business 20 years ago. My land owner asked me to find a way to dispose of them :D. I sure found a way. Makes moving around easy with forks. These boxes are available as used units if you search.

https://www.google.com/webhp?source=search_app#hl=en&sugexp=les%3B&gs_rn=5&gs_ri=psy-ab&tok=2nugDCmdwntWhd9DEAElzA&cp=11&gs_id=16&xhr=t&q=plastic+pallets&es_nrs=true&pf=p&output=search&sclient=psy-ab&oq=plastic+pal&gs_l=&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_cp.r_qf.&bvm=bv.43148975,d.dmg&fp=443df112168ae7b8&biw=1280&bih=667

Well heck ya! You sure did find a use! I need to scrounge me some of those.

Yard #2 update

Finally got to start splitting again a few weeks ago. Just a little at a time, not pushing it.

This is my new technique, pallets on top of RxR ties. Left to right, pure hickory hearts, then pure oak hearts, then generic oak splits. Starting with the oak, all criss cross stacked. What the heck, not gonna run out of room and it will dry better. Ties, two pallets, space, then ties, two pallets, space. Stacking as high as I can reach. Even so I dont think I can quite get a full cord stacking that way on two pallets, but a good 2/3rds at least.

attachment.php

Still have this to go....those two mountains, the closer is all oak, that will be going on the new stacks, and the one behind is real random assorted everything, species and sizes. What I normally burn. Ill do a different stack area then. Keeping the primo stuff separate.
The big pine rounds in the background will get split to uniform kindling/small heater size splits. And way back yonder out of the picture into the fuzzy distance is my fun/sport wood, my stash of ash! Cant wait to get to that, going for a personal best fiskars speed record then....

attachment.php

Bonus pic! The rarest of southern critters. Some think they are legends, just campfire and too much shine talkin.....nope, they exist, but they usually hide during the day near fishing holes and take naps. Then they eat..and take more naps....

Pygmy Swamp Wookies!

attachment.php

Last edited:
thanks ss i don't get to st pete beach to much now still doing storm damage about 6 months still back up
24p061d.jpg
on li sound
snexcm.jpg
for more work pic go to tomtrees work picks:rock:

I have 8 of those boxes that I use to store bagged salt when plowing in the trucks. They are pretty expensive new! I got mine from a guy in TX off ebay and had them shipped. If you have extras I might be interested in buying some.

Latest posts

Back