Post pictures of your woodpile/splitting area

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's my area. It gets bucked and split here, then dumped in the field for a year, then brought back down and stacked on pallets and covered with EPDM in the spring. As this pic was from last fall. This wood is in the process of being picked out of the field and stacked around the boiler for next winter.

Maybe some is getting burned this Spring because it is so damn cold still!

Here's my area. It gets bucked and split here, then dumped in the field for a year, then brought back down and stacked on pallets and covered with EPDM in the spring. As this pic was from last fall. This wood is in the process of being picked out of the field and stacked around the boiler for next winter.

Maybe some is getting burned this Spring because it is so damn cold still!

Thats a nice pile! Is that around one winters worth for you?

Got some of the main stack of rounds knocked out today. Had to go into work for four hours this morning, that put me behind. :D

The pile I've been working on is finished. Two years ahead, finally. I've still got around a half cord to bust up and split. That's all red maple, the gum is done. What's left is going on the rows that were supposed to be next year's wood but ended up being this year's wood. They'll be cross stacked, should be OK to burn by this time next year.

In a way I'm glad to see the last of it for now. I love working up firewood but have a boatload of spring and summer projects on the dance card. My mater and pepper seedlings are thriving and I haven't even gotten into the garden to till yet. Garage roof needs fixing, siding needs powerwashed. The yard is full of deadfall; that's gotta be cleaned up before the weed patch starts growing again.

Oh yeah, I gotta PM the JD mower... blades need sharpened and the deck belt is suspect. There ain't no rest for the wicked around here. :)

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Got some of the main stack of rounds knocked out today. Had to go into work for four hours this morning, that put me behind. :D

The pile I've been working on is finished. Two years ahead, finally. I've still got around a half cord to bust up and split. That's all red maple, the gum is done. What's left is going on the rows that were supposed to be next year's wood but ended up being this year's wood. They'll be cross stacked, should be OK to burn by this time next year.

In a way I'm glad to see the last of it for now. I love working up firewood but have a boatload of spring and summer projects on the dance card. My mater and pepper seedlings are thriving and I haven't even gotten into the garden to till yet. Garage roof needs fixing, siding needs powerwashed. The yard is full of deadfall; that's gotta be cleaned up before the weed patch starts growing again.

Oh yeah, I gotta PM the JD mower... blades need sharpened and the deck belt is suspect. There ain't no rest for the wicked around here. :)

Just wayy too neat and tidy! great stacks!

spring projects..garden...yep....soon as the dirt goes back to a semi solid state, Ill get right to it....

View attachment 286427 They look good from my house. :msp_thumbup:

View attachment 286426 :msp_ohmy: :msp_mad: Not from this side.

Beerbelly has some more work to do again.

Why stack like this? Is the middle full of wood.

Yes they are full of wood. They hold a lot of wood in a small space. 7.5 cords in these two piles. ....and they look cool....if they stay standing!!!!!:angry2:

Oh well....it'll give Wife something to do instead of watching me drink beer!!! :msp_w00t:

Seriously...what a bummer. But, that is life. Now get stacking, Wife! :givebeer:

Yes they are full of wood. They hold a lot of wood in a small space. 7.5 cords in these two piles. ....and they look cool....if they stay standing!!!!!:angry2:

Oh well....it'll give Wife something to do instead of watching me drink beer!!! :msp_w00t:

Seriously...what a bummer. But, that is life. Now get stacking, Wife! :givebeer:

Seriously? That should get you nothing!:msp_sad:

A lot of nice pictures here! Keep it up guys!

I posted a while back, #2420 on p162.

The picture there changed to this:
View attachment 286548

Next:
View attachment 286552View attachment 286558
Should be enough for one year.

Stacked it all in the beginning of the month. Didn't build a Holz Hauf/Haus, just stacked them the easy way :wink2:.

Got a new load a few days later :clap:.
View attachment 286550
You can see 2 U shapes with some logs, easy way for sawing them all at once (a lot of small diameters in this load). These were for testing, made a rack on the trailer now so I don't have to bent over and I can cut them up in the garden instead of on the street.

View attachment 286557
I'm a little bit further as this picture now, going a little bit slow due to snow, rain for days & too much hours at school. Started stacking the logs (before splitting) instead of just dumping them in the garden like the first picture. Easy for splitting them and the current load should be double as much as last load so I'll need the space.

Thanks folks. I try to keep it neat. :)

Got out today for a couple hours and finished one stack of rounds. It's kinda slow going 'cause I have to handle it more often. Split, load in the cart, drive around to the unfinished wood pile and stack.

Got another pile of rounds to go and that'll be it for the duration. Might have to drag out some 4x4s to stack the overflow on. Hope to have it wrapped next weekend. :)

attachment.php

attachment.php

Latest posts

Back