Post pictures of your woodpile/splitting area

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome to Arboristsite. :msp_smile:
Having that wood is money in the bank, you got some great lookin' stacks. :msp_thumbsup:

300153-rounds-jpg

300151-bk1-jpg

300149-frt1-jpg

Thanks.

Welcome and that is some nice stacking.

Thanks. Every once in awhile the wife offers to help stack, but I tell her I'm all set. The last one she helped me with was so crooked it kept me awake at night :msp_wub:. Finally went out and restacked it one day when she went shopping. Glad I found this site. Lots of knowledgeable folks.

How's that old sayin' go now...
Oh yeah... If'n ya' snooze, ya' lose.

Long day at work yesterday-
Half a bottle in my belly-
Snoozin' on the couch at 9:45-
Post 3000 comes up for grabs at 9:53-
Better luck next time I guess-

How 'bout we start workin' towards post 5000 :msp_smile:

If'n it ever stops raining 'round here :msp_sneaky: I'll actually post some updated pictures of my piles.

Storm Gift

Recent storm brought down this 2' dbh red oak right next to my wood piling spot. Just ran out of mix so I'm taking a break and washing off PI oil before I go to the gas station. This tree gave my 362 a little workout - 2 1/2 tanks. Had to cut it out once while cutting the stem. Ron

attachment.php

attachment.php

18 minutes in -burned 1/2 tank and time for a fresh chain.

attachment.php

Just shy of 2 hours total time including fresh chain, 15 minute break, one pinch requiring a cut out and two refuelings. 90% bucked to 3" with just the mid section of stem left.

attachment.php

attachment.php

View attachment 300289View attachment 300290View attachment 300291View attachment 300292View attachment 300293

24" dbh oak. That would be a workout for a 362 . . Prolly a lot easier on your hands and elbows that the Mac's are.
Looks like the eastern states have really got hammered with wind and rain. . Good job. Getting hung bucking is all to easy to do. . Trust me. Do I ever know that.

The first picture is the pile for my mom which should last her most of the winter. When she gets most of that burned I'll have to go out and cut her another load or two to get her though the winter.

The second area is a little spot at my moms where I can store a few truck loads for sale, I just need to find two more skids to keep everything off of the ground.

View attachment 300493View attachment 300494

Latest posts

Back