Post pictures of your woodpile/splitting area

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
that is the paint job that it came from from gm ,says camoflag on the build sticker ,i have all the original manuals that came with it also .View attachment 456452
235/85-16's...I loved those tires. Don't see them much anymore, all these fu-fu trucks have 17-20" rims.

You have to go to www.TheTruckStop.us and get some info for that 6.2 there. I am a site moderator there.
Nice truck. Dual alternators doesn't necessarily mean 24v's. The 24v's were strictly for military use.
If the truck sat for 3 to 4 years, I would imagine that the batteties need charging. You also have to be concerned with the fuel. Probably JP8. Maybe drain the fuel and put some new #2 diesel in it to get it going.
Go to the website and sign up. You'll get all the info you need there.

6.2 military ,civilian were different i'm told ,has 2 alternators ,must be 2 12's for the 24 volt system,i have not tried to turn it over yet ,i was told it drove to where it was parked 3-4 years ago
View attachment 456479 View attachment 456480 View attachment 456481

Cool beans man! That's what I wanted, but couldn't afford one, so settled on a couple civvie versions, similar truck with the 6.2. My half ton auto is a good runner now, the 3/4 ton with granny low four speed needs an engine though..had it running but it broke, something internal. Oh well, saving my nickles for an engine now. Does have matching new big dotmil tires, but aftermarket wheels. Man, I like all 80s trucks, don't matter who made em. Best era for trucks, IMO Those military ton and quarter chevvies though, badazz!

Cool beans man! That's what I wanted, but couldn't afford one, so settled on a couple civvie versions, similar truck with the 6.2. My half ton auto is a good runner now, the 3/4 ton with granny low four speed needs an engine though..had it running but it broke, something internal. Oh well, saving my nickles for an engine now. Does have matching new big dotmil tires, but aftermarket wheels. Man, I like all 80s trucks, don't matter who made em. Best era for trucks, IMO Those military ton and quarter chevvies though, badazz!
a guy gave me a deposit on it today ,so looks like she is souled

Latest posts

Back