Post pictures of your woodpile/splitting area

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
my wood pile fence is less than perfect.

e6f99b58cc87fcb843dde2dc937898f2.jpg

Brian

Building plenty of woodpile fences myself, but your fence is awesome. I have not seen straight wood since I lived in Washington State. Thanks
I pick my end cap pieces so they don't tip over. some of the white oak and maple I split is so goofy I have to chainsaw it apart or just burn it out of frustration.

Brian

Somehow I manage to make a mess every time I do something, but here is couple days of chopping.
some_firewood.jpg

Base of pile is lifted up from the ground so that air can move below the pile, also next to ground there is tarpaulin so that moisture from ground will not dampen the pile when I put tarpaulin on top of pile as it tends to get wet later at the summer / autumn.

Birch is waiting someone to move them to other end of area where they will be part of other birch logs. I have other other piles and stacks around the yard, impossible to fit it all to one pic.

This firewood splitting never really ends.

shade1%20-%20Copy_zps6woawgft.jpg

Temps been HOT the past three days and two more to go. I must have been psychic about 15 years ago when I started this pile of black locust. Perfect placement to be in the shade until after 12 pm. Makes splitting wood bearable in the heat. Then even better:

shade2_zpsg0eml28u.jpg

I'm hauling it to stack along the fence to get good air circulation as it will be my winter supply, it also is in the shade but I have to chase the shade up the fence as the sun moves. Usually quit around 11 though

Today was a waste, had to go to town to sstraighten out and overdue bill - I wrote and mail the check a monthi ago but it never cleared, then came home, moved one load and then this:

collapse_zpstk7qodun.jpg

busted_zpstwagpbcr.jpg

That is the second wagon like that it happened to. I bought this one as it was advertised as "heavy duty, rated for 1400 lb load". Dunno what that engineer was smoking but I want a bunch of it! The wagon is now in the welding hospital.

One more day of heat and then I get back to cutting.

Back