Post pictures of your woodpile/splitting area

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sorry to hear that. You put up an impressive amount of wood and should be proud. Mechanical breakdowns are always gonna happen eventually and there's never a good time for them to happen. Hopefully you get your back sorted out.
Thanks. I got my cortisone shot today. Said it will take 1-2 weeks to take full affect.

9349905dfaa51318bb5259062add409f.jpg

I know all three were made since the model 514 my great grandmother gave me lists it on the barrel, just never seen longs.

Brian

Not sure. I sometimes come across some old .22 Ammo. Those old rifles take anything you can give them. I think the .22 Longs are longer than the .22 LR. By quite a bit. Nice little punch to the .22 Longs.

Not sure. I sometimes come across some old .22 Ammo. Those old rifles take anything you can give them. I think the .22 Longs are longer than the .22 LR. By quite a bit. Nice little punch to the .22 Longs.
ok, now I really want some!

Brian

Longs are shorter than Long Rifle. .22 magnum rimfire is longer and more powerful than long rifle.

.22 long rifle is a .22 long case with a longer heavier bullet. As I understand the development sequence of the once popular three rounds, the short came first, then the long (same bullet as short but longer case) and then the long rifle. Not sure if the long is still made. Shorts are hard enough to find.* There are also many other variants, but these three were popular when I was young. Ron

My grandfather was a fan of the short. Almost 50 years ago, we bought him a little Browning auto that was chambered for shorts only. Someone in the family still has it. I got the long rifle version at the same time. I really wanted a Model 94 30-30, but Pop intervened and spent my money on the little Browning. I wasn't happy about it at the time but in hindsight, it is probably worth more now and I have no doubt put more than 10,000 rounds through it.

Ron

Back