Post pictures of your woodpile/splitting area

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We don't see a lot of Beech firewood here, but we do have some Beech trees.
Done filling up the under-deck racks and now on to stacking the rest of the Cherry, Ash and Maple on wood pallets to season for a year or two.
Any hints of what to do to over-Winter the stacks? I may just cover the tops for Winter then remove the cover after Spring thaw.

P1010014.JPG

so the ritual begins started splitting last night.

6fb65c9d4a42c6360565505b5330c197.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

That's a nice firepit with the deer and trees. There's a guy locally (it's not me, I'm nowhere near that competent) who does some great designs, this one with a snow and ski patrol theme. I feel that I should attribute it but I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post links to his business here. Still, if you google Whipps designs you'll find them.

Whipps.jpg

My latest load of old dead Ironbark. The pile is about 7ft high and only one row wide, hence the star pickets clamping it against the fence. Not very neat looking stack due to the fact I cu pieces t to various lengths. The timber looks good once wet.

View attachment 531332

View attachment 531333

Ironbark, now you're talking. It'll look good in the fire too. We don't have anything of that calibre here but there's grey box if you feel like a 40km drive (and feel like spending 6 months splitting it). But tell me, did you spray water from the hose for the second pic?

They travel in packs. Sometimes a dozen or more. And attacking a hibernating animal isn't much of a fight especially if it's a little one.
My uncle is up in the north east corner and they were logging some property off and came across a den. He said there were 15-20 pet collars in and around it. They dozed it over. Lots of folks complaining about missing pets and lack of animals to hunt. Wolves ain't no joke in northern MN.

My uncle is up in the north east corner and they were logging some property off and came across a den. He said there were 15-20 pet collars in and around it. They dozed it over. Lots of folks complaining about missing pets and lack of animals to hunt. Wolves ain't no joke in northern MN.
That is really sad to hear (about the collars). Is he up on the north shore? I think they are even worse up there than by me.

That is really sad to hear (about the collars). Is he up on the north shore? I think they are even worse up there than by me.
Little bit off. Crane lake to ely area. Just out of the BWCA. Lots of locals been trying to eradicate them since the animal activists got the season overturned. Not much left for deer or moose compared to years of the past. They get hungry I'm sure they will eat anything they take down.

Latest posts

Back