Post pictures of your woodpile/splitting area

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
finished up the rest of the splitting for a reserve this year or a good start for next winter (17/18)... now what to do with all that empty space? either fill it with more wood or use it for snow storage? thinking more wood as there's no money in storing snow that I know of! anyone want to buy snow?? !! good for cooling in the hot summer heat!! lol003.JPG 004.JPG 005.JPG 006.JPG 007.JPG 008.JPG 009.JPG

finished up the rest of the splitting for a reserve this year or a good start for next winter (17/18)... now what to do with all that empty space? either fill it with more wood or use it for snow storage? thinking more wood as there's no money in storing snow that I know of! anyone want to buy snow?? !! good for cooling in the hot summer heat!! lolView attachment 533949 View attachment 533950 View attachment 533951 View attachment 533952 View attachment 533953 View attachment 533954 View attachment 533955
wow, just wow...I need a bigger splitter I guess. that is amazing and making me jealous!

Brian

Jesus......

I always think I am doing good then step in here to be reminded otherwise.

You guys are kicking some serious butt. Way to go!!
hey benp, if it were not for the oldest son and one employee I would probably still be stacking the second end wall(middle of the long run)...... splitting early in the am to wake the neighbors and keeping the chickens from slumber in the late afternoon helps! the rest of the day is delivering to a new client that ordered 30 full cords of boiler wood. steady ahead as we go.

hey benp, if it were not for the oldest son and one employee I would probably still be stacking the second end wall(middle of the long run)...... splitting early in the am to wake the neighbors and keeping the chickens from slumber in the late afternoon helps! the rest of the day is delivering to a new client that ordered 30 full cords of boiler wood. steady ahead as we go.

Awesome chucker!!!!!!!

in real time steve it was close to 12 hours ... some of it was split on site at the stump before I brought it home. there's closer to 20 cords there. the stacked walls consist of 5 cords alone at slightly over 5.5 to 5.75 feet high. with all 3 of us going at it with the splitter and a maul and one stacking we do better than a cord an hour!

in real time steve it was close to 12 hours ... some of it was split on site at the stump before I brought it home. there's closer to 20 cords there. the stacked walls consist of 5 cords alone at slightly over 5.5 to 5.75 feet high. with all 3 of us going at it with the splitter and a maul and one stacking we do better than a cord an hour!
:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

Got the staging area cleared a bit more and pulled stuff out to cut and load tomorrow.

b16726f2299adf66c3aa4817459e26a7.jpg
ece1e3c60390661a977e3a6a28d50a0c.jpg

split some after work.

94dddef07d8d6fca27894dea71012830.jpg

Brian

Latest posts

Back