Post pictures of your woodpile/splitting area

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
pic assist

butcher757's pic:

239808d1338300709-woodpile-jpg

My first pic post on here, this site drove me to do this....thanks[/QUOTE]

Nice small splits too... You'll enjoy burning that this upcoming season!!!:rock:

239808-woodpile-jpg

That pile is the first one gone at my place! I heat for the first week or two off the "goofy" pile.

234574d1334912112-pileends-jpg

By the time I finished splitting last year that pile had tripled in size, normally it gets burned in the fire pit the following year.
Last year the "goofy" pile ended up being mostly oak so I tossed it all down the coal shoot and used it to heat the house during the (few) cold night we did have... worked out good because I didn't need to touch my "pretty" stacks. But, because I didn't save them for this years fire pit, all this years dry enough "goofy" pieces are getting used as fast as I make them. Looks like I'll be robbing from the "pretty" stacks to keep the fire pit going before end of summer/fall.

234574d1334912112-pileends-jpg

By the time I finished splitting last year that pile had tripled in size, normally it gets burned in the fire pit the following year.
Last year the "goofy" pile ended up being mostly oak so I tossed it all down the coal shoot and used it to heat the house during the (few) cold night we did have... worked out good because I didn't need to touch my "pretty" stacks. But, because I didn't save them for this years fire pit, all this years dry enough "goofy" pieces are getting used as fast as I make them. Looks like I'll be robbing from the "pretty" stacks to keep the fire pit going before end of summer/fall.

Surely you jest!!! If you do that, you'll be given a stern warning by the anal wood stacker's society!!!
Get 3 of those, and you'll be BANNED!!!
:waaaht:

Surely you jest!!! If you do that, you'll be given a stern warning by the anal wood stacker's society!!!
Oh sure - it start out easy: "I'll just take a few of the ugly splits from the top of one of the stacks in the back." Pretty soon you're pulling from the closest stack to the firepit and eventually you'll even start tearing down the cross stacks at the end of the rows. Don't forget: purty stacks is just for lookin' at. :hmm3grin2orange:

[/COLOR]

:waaaht:

a693631f-022e-db6e.jpg

I second the motion...this why all of my leftover good wood is now 150' from my boiler so i HAVE to get crap wood to heat the pool.

Brian

Oh sure - it start out easy: "I'll just take a few of the ugly splits from the top of one of the stacks in the back." Pretty soon you're pulling from the closest stack to the firepit and eventually you'll even start tearing down the cross stacks at the end of the rows. Don't forget: purty stacks is just for lookin' at. :hmm3grin2orange:

In the by-laws of our charter, it says...
"If a member runs low of cookies and ends for one's fire pit, one must make more"
Thus relieving the temptation to rob respectable sticks from the aforementioned anal retentatively stacked stacks of BTU laden, and honorable firewood...

Or... Just burn the neighbor's willow branches...

:rock:

here is some elm dead about 2 years. 28" bar on the saw. i dropped it an pulled it out last winter

attachment.php

attachment.php

this spring i debarked the logs and bucked the biggest sections into 28"-29" lengths to split for my owb. here is one of the rounds being processed on my splitter using the 6-way wedge. that dry nasty elm is tough, but it screamed for mercy :hmm3grin2orange:

attachment.php

attachment.php

Nice pictures! Looks like a good cut and all went well and no one got hurt. A good day then!

our wood source;
04-15-12003.jpg

04-15-12002.jpg

Bring home a couple truck loads to get this back at home;
woodfrompark1-8-12004.jpg

Cut it up;
christmas2011020.jpg

split it like this;
mothersdaywork004.jpg

Sit back and enjoy the fruits of our labor;
04-15-12008.jpg

Kind of hard to see in this picture, but it is at the right edge of the picture running along the property line. It is 3' wide, around 6' high, and over 200' long. quick math says it is just over 28 cords...:laugh: enough for 3+ years... I like to have it stacked and covered for at least 12 months to dry before burning it.

View attachment 240167

Latest posts

Back