Post pictures of your woodpile/splitting area

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bonus pics! Fiskars Man with his farmer's tan! and now with a half a bushel less Beard 0 flauge!

attachment.php

THAT THERE'S WHAT MY GRANDMA USED TO CALL A "GO TO HELL OUTFIT".

Haha! Genuine picture right there! He probably has it framed in his living room! LOL. Nice Stack Oldtimer! I always enjoy your pics!

my pile is growing substantially, but i still haven't gotten around to building that lean-to yet. so it's just laying in heap...

:msp_scared: Nice piles and stacks guys.. I'm behind this year but this week is my week to play catch up.. drop, buck and split during the day and turn on the lights and stack till 11pm along with the radio on..:msp_smile:

View attachment 243935View attachment 243936View attachment 243937

Finally getting some more cutting done for my shed at the lake, here's a 15" cedar I ripped, got 5 planks and one slab, enough for the back wall of the shed. I now have 3 walls almost done, just need about 8 or so planks, then I can start the doors and top story play area for the kids ! I'll post pics of the shed as it sits, pretty nice with the cedar planks.

Next time I go back to that spot I'll bring the trailer too, so I can bring home more planks and firewood from that cedar that the wind blew down.

Finally getting some more cutting done for my shed at the lake, here's a 15" cedar I ripped, got 5 planks and one slab, enough for the back wall of the shed. I now have 3 walls almost done, just need about 8 or so planks, then I can start the doors and top story play area for the kids ! I'll post pics of the shed as it sits, pretty nice with the cedar planks.

Next time I go back to that spot I'll bring the trailer too, so I can bring home more planks and firewood from that cedar that the wind blew down.

Very nice! Well done on the planks. :msp_thumbup: Look forward to seeing pics of the shed.

hey, cool! Are you just freehanding those planks?

hey, cool! Are you just freehanding those planks?

Yes I am actually. Those are the nicest ones I've done yet, out of the whole shed's worth. I've got some poplar I did that's 1/2" on the ends and 3 1/2" thick in the middle, pretty hideous looking ! But those cedars, man, they were nice. Between 1/2" and 1 1/2" thick on all of them, I did one that's got about 1/2" difference from thickest to thinnest !

Amazing the difference a ripping chain makes. I believe that's the reason the other batches I did were so crooked, the standard full comp chisel can cut circles if you want it to. The ripping chain is at LEAST twice as fast, maybe more. I did one cut on a plank that was 12-13" wide, and 13' long, almost full length with a single tank of gas. 3 weeks ago I was into poplar half that thick, refilling on an 8' cut, so there's a huge difference there. I can't believe that there's that much difference in wood density to account for such a difference, there's gotta be something with the chain as well. I've got some more to do to finish the shed, so I'll know more this week or weekend coming.

I've heard about a guide you can buy for a saw, that allows you to adjust the depth of your cut, just some rig you bolt onto the saw. Anyone heard of such a thing ?

.....grabbed a couple of pics of the wood pile/splitting area on my Church property,

.....this was 6 months ago,

attachment.php

attachment.php

.....and this is what it looks like now,

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

.....we've got just over 11 cord split and stacked in the "wood shed", 85-90% Red Oak with a sprinkling of Ash, Beech, and Maple all ready for next winter. :clap:
I'm not sure how much we have piled up in front, mostly 4 footers, it's a mix of Red Oak, Silver and Red Maple, Beech, and Ash. And there's definately more coming
in over the summer and fall. All that will be for the winter after next.....!!!:msp_w00t:

Happy Independence Day!!!!!

Awesome stacks NhLocal! Geez, got enough pallets there ? Always good to stack wood on and burn in the fire pit too!

Awesome stacks NhLocal! Geez, got enough pallets there ? Always good to stack wood on and burn in the fire pit too!

Ayuh, keeps wood off the ground and dry. Great for the wood shed floors, we "might" have collected a few more than we need.....:hmm3grin2orange:
they do burn good in the fire pit don't they? :msp_thumbup:

View attachment 244047View attachment 244048

Here's the progress on the shed, one shot of the poplar I did 3 weeks ago (just getting around to screwing it on...), and the monster 14" cedar planks from last Saturday. Just enough left from the off-cuts to do the top row, in 3 pieces. I'll be re-doing the first wall with larger wood, I don't like how it turned out. The small stuff will be used for a railing on the top of the shed, for the kids' play area, once I've got the walls done.

Back