Post pictures of your woodpile/splitting area

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It comes pre split!

Here are two more pics from that wicked mean and nasty lightning storm last week. It was almost like getting attacked, just constant flashes and explosions all around. This is a tulip poplar I will buck up soon, it just got blown apart, then there's another big shaggy bark hickory the other side of the farm but no pics yet.

attachment.php

attachment.php

This, with all the pine I have, will be good mixed in with all the oak, got maybe ...hmm..1.5 to 2 cords bucked ready to haul up the staging/stacking area #2. #1 is slap full now. I'll wait a bit until the leaves look shriveled then buck it and fell that splintered remnant trunk. Maximum wedge action to make it fall away from the fence and road now.

Getting closer to my five years ahead!

Last edited:
We spent many a weekend at the (now ex-) Petro there. But that's another story.

Thanks for the invite. That'd be fun.
I've been to Calais. It's a long a$$ drive up US1. No offense, but that IS like BFE. Quaint little town though. I liked it.
We'd probably live in ME if we could afford the land prices and the taxes. The Mrs. folks live near Rockland. They were
both born up that way.

Going to spend at least 2 nights possibly 3 at the ex- Petro,now flying hook starting monday night shuttling ethanol from baltimore to Marcus Hook pa. Scott

Going to spend at least 2 nights possibly 3 at the ex- Petro,now flying hook starting monday night shuttling ethanol from baltimore to Marcus Hook pa. Scott

I was sorry to see Petro sell out to T/A. They were no doubt the best major brand TS around. The Hooker was probably
our second choice.

Sorry guys, got off topic for a second.

Here is one place where we currently cut, split and stack wood. I have been working on this a little the past couple of days. All the wood on the ground and most of what you see stacked was delivered to us already cut up for free:msp_smile: Some of it we didn't have to touch at all. One has a dump trailer and the second guy has a flatbed truck with a crane to unload them. We have to unload the third guy by hand but I don't mind at all.

Here is one place where we currently cut, split and stack wood. I have been working on this a little the past couple of days. All the wood on the ground and most of what you see stacked was delivered to us already cut up for free:msp_smile: Some of it we didn't have to touch at all. One has a dump trailer and the second guy has a flatbed truck with a crane to unload them. We have to unload the third guy by hand but I don't mind at all.

Looks pretty cool, Do you rake up all your wood chips ? Don't see that many in your pictures.

No I do not. I did not have to do that much sawing on this stuff. It was already cut up. The only stuff we had to cut ourselves is the elm in the left of the bottom pic.

No I do not. I did not have to do that much sawing on this stuff. It was already cut up. The only stuff we had to cut ourselves is the elm in the left of the bottom pic.

Oh cool, I usually rake up my chips and pile them up.

I do rake my wood chips up sometimes. It just depends on where I am cutting at. If I am cutting close to the house, then I will rake them up eventually.

Back