Post pictures of your woodpile/splitting area

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That doesn't look like a very long haul. Is Marcus Hook a terminal on the Delaware River?

Only about 75 miles,the driving is'nt bad,just the waiting time on both ends.Should be back home sometime thurs early afternoon.Will get to see some real pretty country across I-68. Scott

Only about 75 miles,the driving is'nt bad,just the waiting time on both ends.Should be back home sometime thurs early afternoon.Will get to see some real pretty country across I-68. Scott

68 is a beautiful route. I liked it better once we were west of Cumberland. Sometimes it sux in the winter.

Right here Steve, This one is the pic of my stacks, Yes I know, Pretty pitiful so far.

This other pic is of some wood that I got today, Big Yellow Birch on the bottom :)

247042-img03-021-jpg

Got them logs cut split and stacked yet? If not, you're spending too much time posting inane comments on AS and not enough time cutting wood.

If so, you're slacking on the pics.

Got them logs cut split and stacked yet? If not, you're spending too much time posting inane comments on AS and not enough time cutting wood.

Yup there split, Got some pics coming up tonight for ya, Steve.

Seems I've been working on saws more and cutting less these last couple weeks... Got an up to date shot Friday after scrounging a couple more test logs for the buck...

attachment.php

Been making piles outside here there and yonder. Mostly Hedge since it weathers better than anything else I got...

Seems I've been working on saws more and cutting less these last couple weeks... Got an up to date shot Friday after scrounging a couple more test logs for the buck...

attachment.php

Been making piles outside here there and yonder. Mostly Hedge since it weathers better than anything else I got...

Hedgerow, I still love that storage setup you have there. One of these days I've got to put up something like that.
We don't have much equipment on our little plot, so we could fill all those bays with firewood.

Hedgerow, I still love that storage setup you have there. One of these days I've got to put up something like that.
We don't have much equipment on our little plot, so we could fill all those bays with firewood.

I filled one of those bays completely last year, thinking I was really cutting a fat hog in the ass, but The stuff in the back didn't dry as good, so I just stack all along the back wall now, and put single rows where you see them now. Still put doubles on the ends, but that's my personal stash, and it may or may not get used this year... I gotta use up the junk sitting around in piles in the fields... They've become a bush hog obstacle...
:eek:ps:

I filled one of those bays completely last year, thinking I was really cutting a fat hog in the ass, but The stuff in the back didn't dry as good, so I just stack all along the back wall now, and put single rows where you see them now. Still put doubles on the ends, but that's my personal stash, and it may or may not get used this year... I gotta use up the junk sitting around in piles in the fields... They've become a bush hog obstacle...
:eek:ps:

We've got a little roughly 13 by 13 woodshed, that used to be a brooder house for one of the local farmers.
Our "burn this winter" wood goes in there, and any of the "ahead" wood is stacked outside for at least a year.
The junk/fire ring wood has it's own storage area, outside. Bark and kindling go in garbage cans at the moment,
but I'm planning to build a big ventilated box to make for easier storage. We don't stack any wood on the
ground, since our soil turns to mud in the rainy season. It's all on skids or slabbed up power poles for air
circulation. When I build the new shed I'll probably make it open on front and rear, and covered on the ends to
allow for maximum airflow.

We've got a little roughly 13 by 13 woodshed, that used to be a brooder house for one of the local farmers.
Our "burn this winter" wood goes in there, and any of the "ahead" wood is stacked outside for at least a year.
The junk/fire ring wood has it's own storage area, outside. Bark and kindling go in garbage cans at the moment,
but I'm planning to build a big ventilated box to make for easier storage. We don't stack any wood on the
ground, since our soil turns to mud in the rainy season. It's all on skids or slabbed up power poles for air
circulation. When I build the new shed I'll probably make it open on front and rear, and covered on the ends to
allow for maximum airflow.

There's just something about having clean dry stocks to burn from, no matter how foul the weather is... I burnt many a snow covered or wet log growing up in MI... I swore NEVER again... Did you notice that 250 gal stock tank in one of the bays? I work on and sharpen alot of saws, so I'm constantly cutting cookies off test logs... That's where the cookies go. I hate tripping over them all the time... The saw chips get swept up regularly and off to the critters' pens...
Sure is nice bedding...

There's just something about having clean dry stocks to burn from, no matter how foul the weather is... I burnt many a snow covered or wet log growing up in MI... I swore NEVER again...

We don't burn "wet". The stuff stacked outside gets a year, out of the weather, before it goes in the stove.

Good deal on using the waste for bedding. We shoot for maximum usage out of our wood. Our chips and
noodles mostly go in the composter or get used for mulch or as starter for the fire pit. We give away a lot
of junk wood to our neighbors for their fire rings or chimineas.

Finally got around to moving the leftover wood from last year out of my woodshed, been pretty busy, pulled out the pallets(rotten on the bottom), and raked out "the stuff" that was underneath. :msp_thumbup: Now I'm ready to put down fresh pallets and load up with firewood! :msp_w00t: Here's a few pics of what it looks like right now.....
.....the larger pile in the front is the "good stuff", Red Oak, the smaller pile behind that is Norway Maple, that'll be "first burn" this fall.....way in the back are the old, rotten pallets on top of the burn/brush pile.....
attachment.php

attachment.php

.....I'll be pulling pallets and firewood from this location on our Church property.....:biggrinbounce2:

attachment.php

Finally got around to moving the leftover wood from last year out of my woodshed, been pretty busy, pulled out the pallets(rotten on the bottom)

We got our hands on some creosoted slabs from some power poles that were turned into uprights for
a pole barn. We put our skids on them, or whatever waste PT that we can get our hands on. Our skids
last a long time. Sometimes they break from the weight. Rot is usually not a problem. Our "soil" is
mud/clay during the rainy season.

Well, Steve... It's been over 36 hrs since we gave him the beating & still no pics???
I'm thinking he didn't get the message...

Well, Steve... It's been over 36 hrs since we gave him the beating & still no pics???
I'm thinking he didn't get the message...

I got the message and I have been working all day today, They will be up sometime soon though!

Glad to hear that you got the message, Shane... More importantly, happy to see that you can take a good-nature'd flogging w/o getting pissy & emotional...

I always joke too :)

But... Still No pics, (at least nothing substantial). I couldn't get by here in the Mid-Atlantic w/ the wood you've showed us so far.
Most of us on here have wives, kids, jobs, etc., etc. Still-- you asked, we showed.. Pretty stacks, ugly stacks, big thrown piles, wood to die for, wood that I wouldn't want if you dropped it off already split,... We found time to make it & we found time to post it.

We're waiting for you to reciprocate..........

Latest posts

Back