Post pictures of your woodpile/splitting area

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
296674d1369261977-004-jpg

This is very good...
Now fill the pole barn...
:msp_thumbup:

296674d1369261977-004-jpg

This is very good...
Now fill the pole barn...
:msp_thumbup:

I wish I could fill the pole barn, that would give me @85 cords under a roof, it's 42 x 26 x 10 :msp_biggrin:
When it's finished, all the stuff I currently have sitting outside, tractor, tractor tiller, mower deck, wood splitter or in the rental POD, tools, power washer, two walk behind tillers, stump grinder, hand cart, weed sprayer, etc. will be stored in there and the wife is very tired of her car getting covered with bird crap.

Your helper looks pooped !!!

Split the 2nd pickupload of wood for a friend at our campground, and fetched us 2 loads for us. Still got a few more loads to get, I want a major surplus of camping firewood this year, and not have to scrounge for wood to finish the season. Ended up doing campfires with green wood late season, not gonna happen again !

I was thinking of a neat way to pile firewood..... Way up in our area, Honda doesn't want us to send the metal ATV crate frames back, too costly for shipping. They're 4' wide, almost 4' high, and 7 1/2' long. They break down and stack nicely, so easy transport, and are real solid when together. A couple of those end-to-end would be rock-solid, especially full of splits !!!

Your helper looks pooped !!!

Split the 2nd pickupload of wood for a friend at our campground, and fetched us 2 loads for us. Still got a few more loads to get, I want a major surplus of camping firewood this year, and not have to scrounge for wood to finish the season. Ended up doing campfires with green wood late season, not gonna happen again !

I was thinking of a neat way to pile firewood..... Way up in our area, Honda doesn't want us to send the metal ATV crate frames back, too costly for shipping. They're 4' wide, almost 4' high, and 7 1/2' long. They break down and stack nicely, so easy transport, and are real solid when together. A couple of those end-to-end would be rock-solid, especially full of splits !!!

You could sell those. I bet you could get $100 a pop.

Pics?

No pics handy, could take a couple. Any Honda ATV dealer would have these, but they have to ship them back for recycling. You might be able to convince a dealer to sell you some though.

They tell us to keep them, we're way up on the Trans-Canada Highway and shipping & handling costs too much to return them, so we're stuck with 'em. Gonna bring one to the lake and see what I can do with it. Got about 1/2 a cord to split, we'll see what it looks like filled in. Might turn out to be a good way to stack firewood !

Back in the day they didn't want those motorcycle/ ATV crates back. I can't imagine how many were thrown out, I did turn one into a work bench though...works pretty good. If I burnt wood back then, I'd have a pile of 'em! Goon idea Denis!

Our BRP (Can-Am & Ski-Doo) crates are wood frame, the Honda ones are steel. Mr. bossman is going to check if they're really ours to keep, so I can't have 'em until I knows .....

An Ozzy made splitter with hard woods Redgum,Yellowbox.

I always liked the table style splitters. A few US members have copied that style. I'm not sure about the 3 way wedge though, it's a neat idea, but it seems like it would put a lot of side stress on the wedge and beam.

Looks like the wood down under, at least what's in the video, splits easier than it saws.

Back