Post pictures of your woodpile/splitting area

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Pile

I stack mine on an old cement foundation left from a shed that I burned down. There is a drain on the far end of the floor and the whole thing sloes that-away. This pile is freshly split, I just need to stack it. When it is stacked I cover it with a Hay Tarp. I have a deal with a local logger that keeps me in more wood than I can handle.

I stack mine on an old cement foundation left from a shed that I burned down. There is a drain on the far end of the floor and the whole thing sloes that-away. This pile is freshly split, I just need to stack it. When it is stacked I cover it with a Hay Tarp. I have a deal with a local logger that keeps me in more wood than I can handle.

That'll work! Easy wood and get to stack on concrete..that's purdy good there.

This was a fairly straight choke cherry tree that was standing dead. I had only intended to noodle a couple of knotty pieces, but once I started I couldn't stop myself. The entire stem got noodled.

null-15.jpg

Another load of Oak...sectioned and split on the 4th of July...'Merica! The split firewood shown is off of the larger trailer.

Freedom 4th Firewood Festival!

that's looking good man!

Thanks zogger & NH. It was roughly a 12 hour day's worth of work. We drove about 35 min. to the spot this wood was felled at. Luckily my friend's dad had a front end loader which made loading the trailers a breeze. The splitter did the rest of the work for us allowing both trailers to be split the same day. There were fireworks going off as we were nearing the end of the splitting at my place. A "few" beers were consumed in the process as well. Not a bad way to spend the Fourth!

Last edited:
This was a fairly straight choke cherry tree that was standing dead. I had only intended to noodle a couple of knotty pieces, but once I started I couldn't stop myself. The entire stem got noodled.

null-15.jpg

You forgot to noodle the stump into a Swedish candle! That would have topped it off good.

That's a PILE-of-noodles!

Philbert

Yeah, with a nice coating of noodles on the ground I don't feel so bad about setting the idling saw on the ground while repositioning rounds. I just can't stand to have the paint worn off the bottom of my saws from idling on a hard surface.

So I finally took the time to take a few pictures of my woodpile when I got home with a load tonight. Just kind of getting rolling, finally. White ash to the right and on the wagon, red oak on the left, red oak and cottonwood on the truck.

COTTONWOOD?!?! wtf? With ash and red oak, why bother with cottonwood?

null-15.jpg

Been there, done that a few times!

I figured I'd burn it in the summer in the owb for hot water, and for bonfires, lol. I don't want to put oak on a bonfire! And if you saw how much we just took down, cleaning tree lines.......there's a lot of it.

Yeah, with a nice coating of noodles on the ground I don't feel so bad about setting the idling saw on the ground while repositioning rounds. I just can't stand to have the paint worn off the bottom of my saws from idling on a hard surface.

Glad I'm not the only one that doesn't want to wear paint off a saw.

Yep. It takes way less time and effort to be conscious of your actions than it does to repair the damage later.

Latest posts

Back