Post pictures of your woodpile/splitting area

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cleaning up the last of this seasons logs, most of this wood has been sitting out a couple years, but off the groundthumbnail_IMG_1233.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_1238.jpg
661 R w/25

Hickory log will have to wait until it's scanned for metal. Two large eye bolts were visible & it's possible there's more buried .

Firewood season starts here tomorrow so I cleaned up my little 1% splitting area last Saturday.

Burn pile (The small stuff is cherry. The large stuff is red oak - which I might fish back out):
IMG_6437.JPG

Splitting Area for the 1% (Pile is ash with a little red oak on top. The little A-frame is loaded with red oak.):
IMG_6435.JPG

One of my log piles (I believe it is all red oak. I have a small mixed pile stashed in the woods):
IMG_6436.JPG

99% of the wood I cut goes here (I expect to take them a load or two of small cherry logs in the morning.):
IMG_6424.JPG
IMG_6426.JPG

Ron

Almost 3 loads of cherry this morning to the big lot. View attachment 932705
View attachment 932706View attachment 932707. What

Ron
I'd kill (not really) for all that Cherry! I've got a new guy that would every bit I could get. What does the processor do with the Cherry you supply? Firewood or BBQ smoking wood? I had a person reply to my BBQ wood ad wanting a load of my Cherry to use for heating. I told her I reserve my Cherry for BBQ buyers and sold her a load of oak. Then I sold the Cherry to the guy I mentioned. He supplies restaurants around the St. Louis area.

I'm switching around my wood area a little. I kept a tote basket down the hill with the bulk of my firewood for green cutoffs as i cut. Then I keep another tote basket on my driveway for the seasoned cutoffs. I'm in the process of moving my winters supply into the houses racks so I unloaded the basket down the hill into my truck and then filled the basket on my driveway. Then the light went on. A lot of extra work. Now, I've both baskets on the drive; one for green and one for seasoned. Makes sense since I do my splitting on the splitting on my drive. Tarping them was always a hassle, so I made some roofs from scrounged lumber and shingles. Not a tarp gets wrapped around.
IMG_0747.jpgIMG_0749.jpg
The full basket is my seasoned one. The wood rack in the back ground is for camp wood and gets shingled and tarped too.

I'd kill (not really) for all that Cherry! I've got a new guy that would every bit I could get. What does the processor do with the Cherry you supply? Firewood or BBQ smoking wood? I had a person reply to my BBQ wood ad wanting a load of my Cherry to use for heating. I told her I reserve my Cherry for BBQ buyers and sold her a load of oak. Then I sold the Cherry to the guy I mentioned. He supplies restaurants around the St. Louis area.
The processor is the local firewood ministry. Other than hickory which several BBQ restaurants buy, the rest is given to folks as firewood. Like you, I would think someone would want that good cherry smoke filling something other than a wood stove chimney.

Ron

View attachment 933600Added a couple more logs to the pile. Had my first fire the other night.
Nice logs. The sawyer in me says you should sell that to a local sawyer if you don't already saw yourself.
But the firewood cutter in me say, man, that will split some nice. :)

The processor is the local firewood ministry. Other than hickory which several BBQ restaurants buy, the rest is given to folks as firewood. Like you, I would think someone would want that good cherry smoke filling something other than a wood stove chimney.

Ron
That's a BIG operation for giving away firewood. Good for them.

Latest posts

Back