Poulan 2000 kill switch

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pioneer fan

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I have,on my bench, a Poulan 2000 top-handle.....with a very strange issue. It runs awesome, starts on the 3rd or 4th pull....but will not shut off by the switch. For reference, this saw has the little "flip paddle" wire type switch, that sets under the carb box.

I have checked the continuity to ground, and it appears to be functioning correctly ( continuity to ground only in off position). This check has been performed at the tab on the coil...so the rest of system should be good.

I am sure someone has run into this, but it has me saying "WTF". Am I looking at a partially failed coil?, Or something else that I am missing? Thanks for any insight provided.

If the coil tab is showing grounded when it is the ground position then make sure the coil itself is grounded good. If both are good then you have a coil failure. I have seen this several times on larger mower engines over the last few years.

Back