Poulan 2150

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abohac

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I'm trying to fix a kids Poulan saw. It is a 2150. Says 16-91 on the bar. What chain goes on this saw?

My Poulan bar that has 16 91 on it came with Oregon 91 chain that had 56 drive links, .050 gauge. It's a 16" bar.

Thanks Scott. I thought I had every chain known to man but 3/8 didn't seem right, 325 didn't seem right. The sprocket is worn, the clutch is shot, the bar is junk. I don't know what to tell the kid. I can fix it all but not sure what condition the rest of the saw is in.

Thanks Scott. I thought I had every chain known to man but 3/8 didn't seem right, 325 didn't seem right. The sprocket is worn, the clutch is shot, the bar is junk. I don't know what to tell the kid. I can fix it all but not sure what condition the rest of the saw is in.

You can take the muffler off and look at the piston and cylinder and get a good idea of the condition. There are guys here that could make you a deal on some parts to fix it.

It's the low-pro chain. Most of box stores with chainsaw stuff will carry the 91vg series chain. Just need 56 drive links. If you want a bit better then Oregon 91vx, Bailey's Woodland Pro 30LP or Stihl PMC3 would all be better choices.

I'm trying to fix a kids Poulan saw. It is a 2150. Says 16-91 on the bar. What chain goes on this saw?

oregon 91VX56...now im lamence thats 3/8 pitch low profile .50 Gauge chain with 56 Drive links. Hope that helps

You can take the muffler off and look at the piston and cylinder and get a good idea of the condition. There are guys here that could make you a deal on some parts to fix it.

I have a complete 2150 that's burnt up & has about 90 lbs. compression. All parts but the carb are free for the taking if anyone can use them. Not sure it's worth the shipping costs though for that saw.

Latest posts

Back