Poulan 245-306 crank seals

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thomas72

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I have finally found some new seals to replace the old ones on the 245 and 306.
I will try them this weekend and see how they work.

Here are the part numbers
These are TCM seals

flywheel side is
05092TB-bx

clutch side
20X24X2. 5vc-bx
and
06081sm-bx

Also, I should have the manuals finished by tomorrow and will try to post them on a server for everyone to download.

These are TCM seals

flywheel side is
05092TB-bx

clutch side
20X24X2. 5vc-bx
and
06081sm-bx

Here are some National Seal # for a few of the seals listed...

05092TB = 471442 National

06081SM = 253747 National

The 20x24x2 is the metric size for the last one, any parts store should be able to get all of these for you.

:cheers:
Mike

I have finally found some new seals to replace the old ones on the 245 and 306.
I will try them this weekend and see how they work.

These are TCM seals

flywheel side is
05092TB-bx

clutch side
20X24X2. 5vc-bx
and
06081sm-bx

Also, I should have the manuals finished by tomorrow and will try to post them on a server for everyone to download.

Old Post but did the seals work our for you? Curious as I need some for my 245. On another note the National seal # 253747 looks like it will work as a replacement for the Poulan 3400 series saws seal (530019097). These seem to totally NLA so a replacement source is necessary.

does anyone know where to find a dust seal for a 306A it goes around the carb throat and under the tank/handle assembly.

Go to the stickies section and ask that question in the Poulan thread. Betcha somebody will be able to help you there. I'd like to know the answer to that one myself.:popcorn:

I have posted it in there already and no response. cant find a replacement material to make one out of either.

That dust seal isnt worth looking for that hard.

I make em out of a B&S foam air filter. I use a sharp long bladed knife to cut a maybe 5/16" thick sheet of it and then cut the shape out with a pair of sissors.

I have also used a bead of hi temp silicone and let it set up most of the way before putting the handle on.

That dust seal isnt worth looking for that hard.

I make em out of a B&S foam air filter. I use a sharp long bladed knife to cut a maybe 5/16" thick sheet of it and then cut the shape out with a pair of sissors.

I have also used a bead of hi temp silicone and let it set up most of the way before putting the handle on.

Thank you. I have been needing to hear that, I thought it had to be a high temp resistant material or something. I will make one out of an air filter. I didnt want to silicone it together and you have helped me out again thank you.
Nick.

Bumping an old thread up to correct an error that may mislead folks doing a search...

Since this thread petered out, more research has been done on the 245/306 Poulan crank seal front. The seals mentioned at the top of this thread have been found to be incorrect for the saws in question.

Check out the thread linked below for good 245/306 crank seal numbers:

http://www.arboristsite.com/chainsaw/197286.htm

Last edited:
Back