Poulan 34000 anti-vibe

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

captain dangers

partner 1633B (skil) chainsaw
Reaction score
I purchased an old poulan 3400 anti-vibe last spring here in the u.k and have finally gotten around to looking at it. I have had it running in a fashion ;o) I have ordered new crank seals as the ones fitted were as hard as nails and still had the original poulan green paint over them. they appears to be a little play in the crankshaft sprocket side. is this normal for a poulan, it looks like it may have a needle roller bearing on the power side? what are they like for changing, these saws are not that common over here in the u.k and I thought it would be nice for the collection ;o) CD

Hey!
I love that series of saw. Good runners and easy to work on.

If I remember correctly those cranks float on the bearings and aren't a press fit like a lot of other saws.

Needle rollers are specified to have a slight bit of noticeable play. I cannot remember what the measurement was for the end of life play, but I figured it wasn't worth remembering since I have no way to take that particular measurement.
I always think I remember it as .012" maximum play. Someone please correct me on that as I'm pretty sure I'm close but not exact. I cannot find my service manuals with that info.

Hey!
I love that series of saw. Good runners and easy to work on.

If I remember correctly those cranks float on the bearings and aren't a press fit like a lot of other saws.
that would make sense as the saw its self doesn't appear to have done much work, the sprocket shows little ware. it was more than likely a farmers or smallholders saw I picked it up for £5 I think = approx. $7 , I was really miffed when the skf seals cost as much as the saw ;o)

ell she's running again after new skf oil seals . the original carb was also shot , so I fit a walbro had from an old dolmar onto it , the carb fitted straight on and only needed the choke set-up swapping over as well as aluminium ground off the choke venturi to allow the butterfly to pivot/ open fully. video bellow of its 1st run ;o) CD

ell she's running again after new skf oil seals . the original carb was also shot , so I fit a walbro had from an old dolmar onto it , the carb fitted straight on and only needed the choke set-up swapping over as well as aluminium ground off the choke venturi to allow the butterfly to pivot/ open fully. video bellow of its 1st run ;o) CD

You’ll need to slow that idle down a bit. Also the original Waldron hdb carbs normally only need a rebuild to work great again.

Latest posts

Back