Poulan Pro 330

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leeave96

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
The Poulan Pro 330 chainsaws were quite the topic on this forum and a deal at Tractor supply a year ago or so.

Anyone still running their PP330? How is it holding-up? My saw has plenty of power for firewood cutting.

I gave mine a workout yesterday, so far, so good. I'm running one and have another setting on the shelf. The best deal I got $159 near the end of the closeout inventory at TSC - a mighty good deal.

Thanks,
Bill

The Poulan Pro 330 chainsaws were quite the topic on this forum and a deal at Tractor supply a year ago or so.

Anyone still running their PP330? How is it holding-up? My saw has plenty of power for firewood cutting.

I gave mine a workout yesterday, so far, so good. I'm running one and have another setting on the shelf. The best deal I got $159 near the end of the closeout inventory at TSC - a mighty good deal.

Thanks,
Bill

Deal of the century I say.

Yes still got mine, run it when I need it.

Thanks,
Bill

Never picked up a PP330. Do have two 3300's however. Like them a lot.

Running mine and it's doing just fine, took down and cut up ~18" oak and 14" river birch last weekend with it. Gotta pull my recoil and take a look as it sometimes is slow to wind back up, never failed to just slow sometimes, may have gotten some bar oil in it.

They were a very good deal for the price. I sold mine to my buddy and it has been putting the wood on his truck and in his furnace just fine.

I did'nt realize starting a thread about buying mine would turn out like it did. Heck everyone and their brother was out to TSC to look for one and if their local TSC did'nt have one they were ordering it from another TSC.

Had it about a year now.Last time I ran it we spent a weekend blocking up about 8 cords of donation wood.Great running saw. One of the few that I'll never sell or trade.
Would like to find another,

Just sold mine NIB last week scooter. I wasn't using it and just have to many saws and needed vacation money. My son runs the snot out of his. He changed his to an 18'' .325 set up.

I have my Poulan 3000 and Craftsman brother that have been running just fine for years. I have another gray Craftsman that I'll be building from a couple donor saws. I want to put the rim sprocket from a PP 335 on it instead of the spur set up.

Those are great saws IMO. Super easy to work on.

it was my first and i lean seized it....
broke the ring and destroyed the top and crankshaft end bearing on the connecting rod

They have a 2 year warranty. How did that turn out?

I know a couple of guys did get some with defective carbs but Poulan replaced them witht the older style HDA-137 carbs no problem or hassle for free.

Just sold mine NIB last week scooter. I wasn't using it and just have to many saws and needed vacation money. My son runs the snot out of his. He changed his to an 18'' .325 set up.

I have my Poulan 3000 and Craftsman brother that have been running just fine for years. I have another gray Craftsman that I'll be building from a couple donor saws. I want to put the rim sprocket from a PP 335 on it instead of the spur set up.

Those are great saws IMO. Super easy to work on.

i just got a grey 3300 from a member here.
i'm in the process of collecting the various small parts it needs..........

hey mark!
would you believe that the intake boot is NLA!!!
on a decent saw that seems to have had a long run you'd think they'd still be carrying them. though the booties do apppear a bit thin... was that a common failure point on that family of saw?

i just got a grey 3300 from a member here.
i'm in the process of collecting the various small parts it needs..........

hey mark!
would you believe that the intake boot is NLA!!!
on a decent saw that seems to have had a long run you'd think they'd still be carrying them. though the booties do apppear a bit thin... was that a common failure point on that family of saw?

No not that I'm aware of. There getting older though so some could start having failures.

looks like I will be stopping by tomorrow:msp_wink:

Good luck with that. Those 330s were 07 model saws when they appeard last year.

I'm still not sure what the story was why they became availible after that much time out of production, but I'm sure theres probably not many if any left.

Fish just sold a nice used one on ebay for a fair price.

Latest posts

Back