Poulan Pro 455 Help

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scandy14

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Can anybody tell me the purpose of Item No. 8, Blow Back Tube, on page 3 of the attached IPL?

I got this saw a while back and cannot get it to stay running. It will fire, start and die.

I have cleaned the carb, and replaced the fuel line and fuel filter, so I know it is getting fuel to the carburetor.

I do not rember seeing the item I mentioned. Could this be my problem?

Part # 507-432911 is the white plastic piece that is attached to the back of the carb by the 2 carb screws. The black air box boot is attached to this piece and then a screw clamp tightens it on to part #8. This will not affect your saw running as it should run with this and the air box boot removed. When you say you cleaned the carb, did you take out the 2 welch plugs and clean behind them. One has a fine screen behind it that can get plugged with fine dirt such as sawdust. You usually don't have to take out these plugs, but once in a while it is necessary to clean out the passages and screen behind these plugs. Did you correctly set the idle and high speed jets for the initial firing up before you fine tune it. Initial settings for low and high speed are about 1 1/2 turns. You may have to play with that a bit. Hope that gets you going.

Good advise, Pioneerman. He might also want to make sure that the carb pump diphragm is engaged into the forked part of the fuel metering lever, and that the lever is set flush with the body of the carb.

These are pretty simple and reliable saws and run fairly well even when set up poorly. The factory needle settings you describe should get the saw running pretty close to where you want it. If not, then you may want to check compression and change the spark plug as well.

You are right. the blowback tube will not affect anything. It should be called the "intake tube".

Latest posts

Back