Poulan Pro 505 Clutch Removal Tool

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

winchester

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I'm working on an old Poulan Pro 505 and I need to get the clutch off. I've got a Husqvarna 5025222-01 clutch removal tool, but it won't fit over the center part of the clutch. What does everyone use to get this clutch off. I've already resorted to a punch and hammer, but can't get it loose.

Make a clutch removal tool out of an old socket. Get a big one to fit over the inside of the hub then grind away after marking where the clutch interfers. Leave three heavy duty "ears" and then use this tool to remove. Mike

Make a clutch removal tool out of an old socket. Get a big one to fit over the inside of the hub then grind away after marking where the clutch interfers. Leave three heavy duty "ears" and then use this tool to remove. Mike

Yup! I make all of my own clutch removal tools. It takes less time to make one with a grinder than it does to go looking for a vendor who has the factory made tool. And if you don't want to trash a new socket, go buy a bunch of junky ones at a pawn shop and keep 'em handy.

Latest posts

Back