Poulan Pro

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some fellas have had good luck gently tapping a proper size copper tube over the splines.

My No-Brand-Name-At-All spline tool purchased for $9.99 from a small local independent tool shop is basically a hardened copper tube with a handle on it.

I was hoping to be able to find a generic spline tool that would fit but haven't found ANY generic spline tools. Where could I get one? What was yours called on the package etc?

Neither the tool or the package had any kind marking--no brand name, no description, nothing. The tool might have China stamped on it, I'd need to check it. Fortunately one of the workers at the store knew what I was looking for when I described the tool's use. It's pretty rinkydink, and some of the Poulan guys keep a small stockpile j-i-c.

http://www.google.com/#output=searc...14,d.dmQ&fp=55177b669e174712&biw=1366&bih=498

So, I am finally getting the dremel off of my dad. I told him what I was doing then we had a great idea. Instead of slotting the screws why don't I buy new screws that have a head for a regular screwdriver. He drag races and said that there is a place in Philadelphia that practically guarantees they have anything you are looking for. My question is how long are they and what size 4.5mm? They look like fine thread to me. I can't measure mine because without the tool, I do not want to sit there with pliers to readjust them to where they were.

So, I am finally getting the dremel off of my dad. I told him what I was doing then we had a great idea. Instead of slotting the screws why don't I buy new screws that have a head for a regular screwdriver. He drag races and said that there is a place in Philadelphia that practically guarantees they have anything you are looking for. My question is how long are they and what size 4.5mm? They look like fine thread to me. I can't measure mine because without the tool, I do not want to sit there with pliers to readjust them to where they were.

Take them out, and you'll probably find they are 2 different sizes...
:msp_smile:

They're not screws. They're carb needles. Take one out and look at it.

Back