Poulan Wild Thing Carb Recall?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Larry Johnson

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I read a comment stating that early model Poulan Wild Thing carbs were recalled and replaced. Can anyone confirm? Poulan Support was useless. They couldn't even tell me where to find my serial number (and neither does the manual). Mine is old and I'm not the original owner. Just wondering if my carb is one that was recalled.

Put up some pics of your saw. "Wild Thing" was just a phrase put on some of their saws, like Wood Boss or Farm Boss, and do not reflect anything about the saw's model number.

Recalls aren't good but for so long, it the parts available that gives you a problem sometimes.

Steve, Samsung On5 using Tapatalk

I's aware that the saw is no longer under warranty. My mission is soley to determine if my saw has a carb on it that was recalled, and apparently the cause of many problems.

Gotcha, I deal with GM products at the shop, recalls don't expire, it's whether or not the part is still available that can be the problem. Had one come in the shop for a recall a few months ago for a recall, the recall was 15 years ago and parts were no longer available for it.

I actually saw a kid drive up in one at a hardware store in 2004. I walked up to look at it, the kid had the hood up. I wanted to see if it had the original engine in it.
While I was staring at the original engine, the kid comes out with an armload of oil. I'll admit, I laughed.

At least if he backed into anything it wouldn't blow up like the Pinto.

Have you ever looked at a Cosworth Vega, totally different engine, dual ohc, fuel injected engine, dual fuel pumps and a pain to work on, but had sleeved blocks.

Have you ever looked at a Cosworth Vega, totally different engine, dual ohc, fuel injected engine, dual fuel pumps and a pain to work on, but had sleeved blocks.

Do you remember the "Viscous Vega?" Limited run of them. Had a V-8, 350 I think. You could smoke the tire just by starting it. Mid to late 70's I think.

Latest posts

Back