Poulan2000 muffler mod

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rookie1

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Coworker just gave me a Poulan 2000. During lunch today I replaced fuel line and modded the muffler. I was giddy like a schoolgirl waiting for end of day to try it out. After work I came home and went to the woods and Wow what a powerhouse. I think ill give my 021 to charity because I will be using this brute for all my firewood cutting from now on. Thanks for the insipiration guys.:dizzy:

Muffler Mod Details

Could you provide any details or pictures of how you modded the muffler on that Poulan 2000 ? See thread entitled " 2 Cycle Engine Assembly 101 " for details of what I'm up to . Perhaps you can comment on the muffler pic I posted as to if and how to modify it . Thanks .

I dont think you need to do that you have holes all over muffler sections. Mine has holes that are offset from wide side on first plate then holes are on narow side on next plate,then spark screen, then outside muffler cover has holes on wide side. So exhaust couldnt go straight through. Yours looks like it will flow better than mine. Sorry I dont have pics. Basically I connected the dots to make a hole in plates as big as the exhaust port with a pair of snips.

Back