Powerhead up or down when saw is verticle?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes.....and they work very well.......and I am not aggravated nor calling your idea stupid.

Just offering some observations of the physics of the pieces you are proposing to use in a way and for a purpose they were never intended.

With no mill frame the clip and trim idea will work but then you have the mounting problem

What tractor and what engine spec?

Run an electric and I'll give you a schematic for an electric instant chain stop

Yes.....and they work very well.......and I am not aggravated nor calling your idea stupid.

Just offering some observations of the physics of the pieces you are proposing to use in a way and for a purpose they were never intended.

With no mill frame the clip and trim idea will work but then you have the mounting problem

Thanks for your time, I'll talk to my God son about pictures........

Good thing I didn't get a deal on a longer bar.............

Here's the saw and bar in question. It makes a great "limbing" saw!
230171555_5NGVc-M.jpg

230172359_fhg9g-M.jpg

230171960_uadV8-M.jpg

What tractor and what engine spec?

Run an electric and I'll give you a schematic for an electric instant chain stop
This is a Gravely tractor. Purpose built for this. I could tow a generator for a Stihl E30, 3phase makes starting easier, and they ran a 42(48?) inch bar.

Thanks for the offer but thats a lot of juice, and the constant torque, safety you know.

I might go hydraulic, but just liked the Stihl saw idea.
I could also make a shutoff if the bar bends back.........

Latest posts

Back