Premium sparkplugs

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SawBrian

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Anyone tried the new Denso W22MPR-U with thin platinum electrode and u electrode? It should have stronger and bigger spark spark, easier to start and better acceleration from denso info.

Its also much more solid than ngk's confirmed from hardcore snowmobile users,where plugs are popped every now and then. And its cheap, somewhat, compared to other platinum plugs.

I think you should try it and report back to us with some real world data. Do some timed cuts, maybe some fuel consumption tests, check to see if the saw starts any easier when cold. It would be good info for everyone.

I bought one of those E-cubed spark plugs for my 346xp and forgot it was in there this past weekend when I cut a couple loads. It was 14 deg that morning and it seemed to run well. I didn't switch the air intake over to "winter". I had intended to, but that thought went out with the spark plug change.

Ian

I take out my plug at the end of the season and replace it with another $2 Bosch and dont give spark plugs a thought in between.

I wouldnt touch denso with 10ft pole, i have bad experiences with them... just stick to normal plugs imo...

Plugs? Bosch works just fine for me.. for years... Maybe I should change them now and then?;)

Seriously.. . is there any thing wrong with the plugs we use today? I don't think so...

same plug

I think I've had the same plug in my Jonsy 80 for 15 years. Starts fine and runs same as always. Maybe time to upgrade? Nah......

I have bought saws brand new,and worn them completely out on the original plug.I don't change them unless they foul or the saw really starts running bad....I don't really like anything but NGK plugs.That's what I use in my race bike.I've had no luck with anything else.

Back