Pricing Contract Cutting

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just like Pat has said about the stump scale pay system, Cody has told me all the different ways them two have been payed over the years. A lot of ways to skin a cat for sure!

My cousin told me about a pay system some years ago. He was payed by the cut, X amount. Meaning, if you are tree lengthing all day, and can get 225 trees in the dirt, you'd get 225 times X.

Usually you're gonna have some big'uns in your strip, so you're gonna be bucking too. So, lets say you tipped over 180 trees in a day, and 1/3 of them were 3 log trees, the scale would look something like this:

(Figuring a good price per cut is .65¢ each)

180 X .65 = $117.00

Now 33% of those had two extra cuts, so: 60 trees X 2 = 120 cuts X .65 = $78.00

You're left with a $195.00 paycheck for that day. . . Not real great for running your own numbers, but it would keep the lights on. You're trees could easily be identified by a lumber crayon, or shot of particular colored paint.

Obviously, this system (like many others) is production based, as well as what kind of wood you're in. If you felt like bust'n ballz for a day, in the right wood, you'd do pretty good.

Latest posts

Back