Pro Mac 380

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
380s are an often underestimated 38cc saw. Saw shops did not like them because they can be "difficult" to work on and owners usually did not want to put much into them.

I also just picked one up on Monday. 12" - 14" bars with lo-pro 3/8s and they are a nifty little saw.

After doing some maintenance, Sharpening the original chain, cleaning the plugged up muffler, and adjusting the carb. This saw did OK for it's size.

I've got a PM480 that needs some parts. Anyone have a source? The oil pump dosn't. But as stated I don't want to put much into it...

I may not be 100% correct on this, but I believe that 380 was one of the McCulloch saws in that era actually built by EFCO. The Double Eagle 50 was another EFCO saw. We never saw too many of them back in those years when I was working for a McCulloch dealer.

Gearhead1- Are the Double Eagle and the Pro Mac the same saw?? Can I use the IPL for the Double Eagle as a subsitute for the Pro Mac 380??

Gearhead1- Are the Double Eagle and the Pro Mac the same saw?? Can I use the IPL for the Double Eagle as a subsitute for the Pro Mac 380??

i dont see a ipl for a pro mac 380 but i do see one for a power mac 380 is your model # 600141 followed by one of the following letters ?
B , d , f , h serial # prefix 11 if that is so then i have the ipl if you want one

thanks
calvin

Latest posts

Back