Husky pro saws on sale

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At 15 he should be big enough to swing the largest/heaviest modern saws. When I was 14 I was using my dad's old 25 or 30 lb Mac. Nice thing about it was that once you set it into a cut, very little muscle was needed. The saw did all the worrk. But bending over moving it from cut to cut built back muscles, for sure.
When I was 14 I could pull over a saw much better than at my current age (80).

I'll take a look at the 550 but I have a Stihl 362 which is only a half pound heavier. I'm leaning towards something lighter like the 540 or 543. As I get older I look for the lightest saw to do the job.
You might be very happy with an Echo cs400. Smooth, easy to pull recoil, light weight with ample power for what it's intended. They say a muffler mod wakes them quite a bit. I, ve only run stock and been satisfied for my purposes cutting smaller then 10inch diameter. Like it in the bucket truck when blocking up high cause it starts easy and is smallish. Saw a few new $300ish New on eBay recently. They sell fairly strong used from what i seen usually also.
On the ground I usually prefer my muffler modded 025 for it's power and geometry. Seems to keep my back a little straighter and reach farther. Starts good but takes a fairly stout pull.

You might be very happy with an Echo cs400. Smooth, easy to pull recoil, light weight with ample power for what it's intended. They say a muffler mod wakes them quite a bit. I, ve only run stock and been satisfied for my purposes cutting smaller then 10inch diameter. Like it in the bucket truck when blocking up high cause it starts easy and is smallish. Saw a few new $300ish New on eBay recently. They sell fairly strong used from what i seen usually also.
On the ground I usually prefer my muffler modded 025 for it's power and geometry. Seems to keep my back a little straighter and reach farther. Starts good but takes a fairly stout pull.
I picked up a husky 540xp so far been working really nice

Latest posts

Back