PRO McCulloch

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You are preaching to the choir on this one. I have a "remanufactured"610 3.4ci I bought from Biglots some time around 1990 maybe a little earlier.Never had a problem with it.Run a 24" bar and it still pulls thru the big stuff.I kind of retired it. Take it out and run it every now and then.I think I payed like $189 for it.Paid for itself over and over again.I now have my 55 rancher and 385XP so I know what you mean by technology
Witch Saw do you like the best, out of the 3, and by comparison, which handles the best? Thanks. Bruce.

Witch Saw do you like the best, out of the 3, and by comparison, which handles the best? Thanks. Bruce.

I ain't Mantis and I didn't stay in a Holiday Inn last night...... but, I ran our Rancher 455 and 1973 vintage Super Pro 60 side by side for two days straight in late July--and I like the old Mac better!!!

Obviously, the condition of the chain can make a diff, but the Mac would pull through the green quakies we were felling sooo much better......

I just make sure my earplugs are REAL tight with the Mac:dizzy:

Casey

I ain't Mantis and I didn't stay in a Holiday Inn last night...... but, I ran our Rancher 455 and 1973 vintage Super Pro 60 side by side for two days straight in late July--and I like the old Mac better!!!

Obviously, the condition of the chain can make a diff, but the Mac would pull through the green quakies we were felling sooo much better......

I just make sure my earplugs are REAL tight with the Mac:dizzy:
Casey
You are not the only one that I have heard that from. There are times when the extra weight of the old Pro Macs comes in real handy, such as bucking 20" logs from long tree stock. I never bought the spikes for mine and never really needed them. The saw seems to have unexpected power at times, and as long as the oiler works the way it should, it acts like it could cut all day and all night. I have also seldom seen many saws that would idle at a lower RPM than a Pro Mac and still scream at 10,500 at the top end.

Latest posts

Back