Problem with Stihl 192T arborist saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

keepitlow

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
My Stihl 192T arborist saw wont run when I give it the gas. It is hard starting and seems to idle fast. When I put it under load or just try to race the motor it dies.

Any idea what is wrong with it? I changed the air filter and plug. It is about 5 years old, only being used 2 or 4 times a year for small jobs. I only used prem gas in it with Stihl 2 stroke oil.

Thank for any help you can offer.

My Stihl 192T arborist saw wont run when I give it the gas. It is hard starting and seems to idle fast. When I put it under load or just try to race the motor it dies.

Any idea what is wrong with it? I changed the air filter and plug. It is about 5 years old, only being used 2 or 4 times a year for small jobs. I only used prem gas in it with Stihl 2 stroke oil.

Thank for any help you can offer.

Water in the fuel, needs a fuel line, gas is stale, carb. needs to be cleaned/replaced...there are alot of things it could be...

You changed the air filter and plug....the 2 things you probably did not need to do...

First I would check the muffler screen and clean or remove...

Next..with the high idle..I would be checking the fuel line for cracks...

Next I would re-build the carb...

Next I would replace the carb with a new one
:cheers:
J2F

I would check the carb. and fuel liness out and the spark arrest screen first. If they check out ok i would check for an air leak in the crank case.

These saws have a junk Zama carb, Alot of times you can clean and adjust them and they will run ok for alittle while then you will probley have to put new carb on. I havent seen but only acouple fuel line issues with this saw, Fuel line seems too hold up well.

These saws have a junk Zama carb, Alot of times you can clean and adjust them and they will run ok for alittle while then you will probley have to put new carb on. I havent seen but only acouple fuel line issues with this saw, Fuel line seems too hold up well.

Is replacing the carb a do it yourslef job or does it have to go in the shop?

It is a great little saw. I carry it around in a backpack on my m/c for clearing down trees on some trails I manage.

I used to use Stabil in the gas but the 2 stroke's seemed to run slightly poor on it, so i stopped using it. Is it best to add Stabil along with the stabilizer Stihl says they put in their oils to avoid carb problems?

Latest posts

Back