Problems with my 361.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tommy if Cent was closer, I would try trading my 346xpne for that junky ole 361. I'd give it a safe warm home, a diet of Ultra mix and make sure it got exercised frequently to keep it in shape. I'm afraid it is sitting in a corner, neglected growing cob webs on it, off course since it won't start I'd have to trade straight up.

Sure $570 confederate dollars for a 50cc saw. Hope that comes with someone to run it, cuz that’s the only way that thing will move off of the shelf. Stihl aint worth the price of a good pair of boots.

I cut trees for a living, not shake paint, call worms out of the ground or vibrate bubbles out of concrete. You need to come up with some better bait than a relic like an ms660 if you intend to hook a northern bigmouth. Healthcare is wicked expensive up here and I can’t afford the cortisone shots necessary to run that Raynaud mill. Black lung is one thing, white finger is another. What else you got??

What else do I got, oh no not a whole lot Cent. I was gonna give a good deal on that 346 and 5100, I mean since they make you giggle, I was figuring oh right around 570 for both, does that number ring a bell, it should and surely you know my reasoning,:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Tommy if Cent was closer, I would try trading my 346xpne for that junky ole 361. I'd give it a safe warm home, a diet of Ultra mix and make sure it got exercised frequently to keep it in shape. I'm afraid it is sitting in a corner, neglected growing cob webs on it, off course since it won't start I'd have to trade straight up.

Awwww Spring ole Cent isn't gonna buy anything. He's the type I would soon say are ya buying or just taking up space, if its space have more, I got things to do,hehe

Spring you was very correct about that 261, that thing is super sweet and its mean in the cut. Fuel sipper too, runs super clean. Cent says it costs too much but well the others know what they're stuff is worth, we know what ours is worth too and by joe we get it,LOL

If the 361 cured cancer, well the 261 cures everything else. As good as the 361 is/was for it's class size the 261 takes that to a whole different level, the 261 is the best saw I've ran in 35 years of using a saw. Unless you've run one you simply don't know what your missing. It'll damn sure out cut a 310, mm it seems to be right on the heels of a stock 361. For the do-it yourselfer firewood cutter this very well be the best saw ever made for them. It sure puts an end to the air filtration #####es of anyone, it's so smooth that if it wasn't for the exhaust note I'd have to look down to see if it was running lol. Lordy it's easy on fuel. I thought the 346 was absolutely the best 50cc saw I had owned and it was until a few weeks ago. There is a new sheriff in town. It'll be interesting to see how Husky's new strato 50cc saw turns out, it's got a tough row to hoe. I gotta get busy and sell a little wood so I can afford another 261.

Well Tommy, I wish you were closer. My local dealer is a real dawg. I went to pick up a new cage and e-clip and had to order them both.

He says, "I'll pick em up soon as a place another order, next week".:msp_thumbdn:

Now I'm out my baby till next week. I know ole Tomms' got em in stock and ready to go. Can y'all believe they don't even have a damn e-clip?!?

I won't know what to do without her for a whole week. :msp_mad:

Well Tommy, I wish you were closer. My local dealer is a real dawg. I went to pick up a new cage and e-clip and had to order them both.

He says, "I'll pick em up soon as a place another order, next week".:msp_thumbdn:

Now I'm out my baby till next week. I know ole Tomms' got em in stock and ready to go. Can y'all believe they don't even have a damn e-clip?!?

I won't know what to do without her for a whole week. :msp_mad:

That is pitiful for sure. Ya know if its one thing I've learned over the years its how to build a part inventory without breaking the bank. The normal items, such as the ones you need should be a no brainer, they should be in the bins at all times and many of them. Far as alot of other things rarely sold I always order a extra of anything I have to order. I've built up quite a stock pile of parts, not 20 parts of each one but a few of each one. Really comes in handy to have that item thats rarely sold because the second you don't have it someone needs one. Tell that ole dealer of yours to tighten up and get with the program......

This site makes me want a 261 very badly.

If the 361 cured cancer, well the 261 cures everything else. As good as the 361 is/was for it's class size the 261 takes that to a whole different level, the 261 is the best saw I've ran in 35 years of using a saw. Unless you've run one you simply don't know what your missing. It'll damn sure out cut a 310, mm it seems to be right on the heels of a stock 361. For the do-it yourselfer firewood cutter this very well be the best saw ever made for them. It sure puts an end to the air filtration #####es of anyone, it's so smooth that if it wasn't for the exhaust note I'd have to look down to see if it was running lol. Lordy it's easy on fuel. I thought the 346 was absolutely the best 50cc saw I had owned and it was until a few weeks ago. There is a new sheriff in town. It'll be interesting to see how Husky's new strato 50cc saw turns out, it's got a tough row to hoe. I gotta get busy and sell a little wood so I can afford another 261.

Yeap, the dealer I bought a couple of my saws from is a pain when needing parts. I had to order some screws for the hood on my 440 rebuild :confused:. They're good people, just no stock. I just call to place the order then pick it up when it comes in. If its something I need asap, I go to another dealer.

So, back on topic... There really wasnt a problem with the 361, it was just twine? See, I knew those saws could walk on water!

Yeap, the dealer I bought a couple of my saws from is a pain when needing parts. I had to order some screws for the hood on my 440 rebuild :confused:. They're good people, just no stock. I just call to place the order then pick it up when it comes in. If its something I need asap, I go to another dealer.

So, back on topic... There really wasnt a problem with the 361, it was just twine? See, I knew those saws could walk on water!

Lol! Exactly. I knew it had to be something out of my baby's hands. :hmm3grin2orange:

You can see the peice in the pics I posted. It had got between the sprocket and cage and compressed/melted. Some of it got into the cage and stuck it up. You can see some of it in the pic I have of the cage too.

SO yep, still walkin on water. :eek:uttahere2:

I guess as it got warm it would release it's hold, because after I ran it a few minutes it would operate normal.

bale string is murder on saws! I've had it gag a saw on several occasions. Unfortunately every stick of wood I cut is in cow country. That string finds its way everywhere over the years

Well, the dealer called today and had my parts in stock. I should have knew the evening shift dipsheits did'nt know thier way around the place.

I picked them up today and got her back together. She's good as new. Thanks for all the comments and help. Wait till you read my next thread! :msp_cursing:

Latest posts

Back