Problems with Stink Bugs

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nope:

brown-marmorated-stink-bug.jpg

i have em in my oak..seems like they hibernate and come back to life when they get in the warm house

Definitely real bad here in Allentown area - never noticed them as much when I was in DE.

Has anyone ever had one dive bomb you in the middle of the night? Sounds like a full on air attack which really "pleases" the wife & daughters. The funny part is the dog actually catches them out of the air and eats them which really makes it much worse than normal dog breath!!

When I bring the wood in, these pests fly off the wood and land on me or any other object available. Then they fly through the air and land on your arms, hair, etc. when your sitting on the couch trying to enjoy the fire or in bed. It drives us crazy!!!!

Gas your stacks? Big tarp all over a stack, sealed up, weighted to the ground. Run a pipe from your vehicle exhaust in there, let er run for like 15 minutes or something, then leave the tarp on for a few days. Maybe that will get them cheaply and easily, at least in the wood piles.

Gas your stacks? Big tarp all over a stack, sealed up, weighted to the ground. Run a pipe from your vehicle exhaust in there, let er run for like 15 minutes or something, then leave the tarp on for a few days. Maybe that will get them cheaply and easily, at least in the wood piles.

It might be worth a shot. They are tuff little bastards though, I think they will be right there with the cockroaches when everything else on earth is dead and gone :dizzy:

I hear the only way to rid the little bastards from wood stacks is to drink copious amounts of beer and piss on the stacks daily. :cheers:

never had a problem with those bugs,

except on rasberries and blackberries. Hope they stay east, those non native lady bugs pack into every crack and cause problems but at least they are smaller!

I have mainly red oak and stink bugs are all over it. I also have some sort of wasp like insect in the wood pile. I can't get 'em to stay still long enough to take a picture. They are black and yellow and about an inch long with wings.

Definitely real bad here in Allentown area - never noticed them as much when I was in DE.

Has anyone ever had one dive bomb you in the middle of the night? Sounds like a full on air attack which really "pleases" the wife & daughters. The funny part is the dog actually catches them out of the air and eats them which really makes it much worse than normal dog breath!!

Yes it just happened to me about a week ago. I was on the computer with no other lights on and it came at me and hit me in the face. They sound like a dam airplane going buy. Flipped on the light and my lab caught it and ate it. I cant stand stink bugs.:msp_angry:

Stink Bugs are in my woodpiles. When I bring my wood in the house, they are in the house. Boy are they annoying! Does anyone else have this issue?

This time of year we have very few bugs and spiders. They're either dead or hibernating.

The cold and frost do not kill them for some reason.

Don't mean to bring up a touchy subject, but maybe it's you. I know I sometimes forget to shower as often in the wintertime.... :msp_biggrin::msp_biggrin:

I was told to flush them down the toilet. If you squash them the smell attracts more? Any truth to this?

Indoors, I take a couple inches of duck tape, stick the bug on the gummy side, fold them up like the mummy and throw them in the trash. No stink, appropriately cruel.

Never had them in the wood pile that I noticed, neither the hickory or oak. The yellow stripped bugs mentioned are probably a banded hickory borer or some type of borer. Those I have had in the hickory I had stacked in the shed. I bought a product online to spray the outside of the house just before fall to prevent the lady bugs from coming inside the siding once the weather turned cold. Seems to have worked well and I think it helped keep the stink bugs out to. We have seen very few of either bug in the house this winter. The product I used was called: Demand CS and the online company I ordered it from was "DoYourOwnPestControl". I do not remember the cost but it was not outrageous in price and one bottle will treat the whole outside of the house for a few years. I certainly plan on spraying for them again next fall before those buggers get under the siding and end up inside next winter. Once the woodshed is empty this spring and before I load it for next winter I spray the shed down with an insecticide before I begin stacking next years supply. It certainly works to keep any ants out of the woodpiles and probably works for other insects as well. The only bugs I have seen in my woodpiles in the shed have been the banded hickory borers and a few spiders.

Stink Bugs are in my woodpiles. When I bring my wood in the house, they are in the house. Boy are they annoying! Does anyone else have this issue?

Surely these pests are very annoying. I hate bugs in my home but being nature lover and so many trees around I have to face them every day. I have used natural pest control methods but without any perfect results. hope you have got some solution.

I had them around my house like crazy till I got chickens, they chase them bastards down just to eat them. Eggs taste just fine too:rock:

I had them around my house like crazy till I got chickens, they chase them bastards down just to eat them. Eggs taste just fine too:rock:
Interesting - we have usually have anywhere from 30 to 40 chickens running free all day, but we certainly have plenty of stink bugs. Maybe they do eat them, but there are too many.

Interesting - we have usually have anywhere from 30 to 40 chickens running free all day, but we certainly have plenty of stink bugs. Maybe they do eat them, but there are too many.

Yeah I have 17 chickens and I pulled like 10 stink bugs off my outside Windows and one chicken ate all of them, it's like once you show them where they are it's on then like sharks feeding on seals

Yeah I have 17 chickens and I pulled like 10 stink bugs off my outside Windows and one chicken ate all of them, it's like once you show them where they are it's on then like sharks feeding on seals

I might have to get some chickens then and enjoy the eggs as well. Win-win!!

Back