Productive day

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alderman

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Got a chance to run a couple of saws today. Cut down a couple of Alder snags with the 695, buzzed them up and one of them was dry enough to go right in the wood shed. No need to handle it 6 times. Managed to get the 695 stuck in another downed tree ( a brainless moment) and rescued it with the new 377. The new saw is paying dividends already.

Since I had the little saw out I cleared debris from the winter storm out of the road and I've got wood waiting to be hauled and split when I get the ambition.

Put a good row of dry wood into mom's wood shed so I'm making headway clearing out some of the odds and ends from outside piles.

Did have one scary moment when the wife asked me how many saws I have now. I pretended I was out of ear shot and she didn't stick around long enough to get an answer. Thank goodness I had my chainsaw helmet on as I think she thought I had my ear muffs down.

Incredible two AS members escape a "chainsaw related injury" in a matter of 24hours !! Yourself and Andrew 346 are lucky men ...Think what could have happened if your wife had stayed around for an answer. So the PPE Natzi's are correct, wearing saftey gear is good !

It sure makes for good sleeping after a good productive day.
My son played 2 basketball games today and when I got home I went and cut about 1/2 cord from a big maple tree that my neighbor had hired someone to fell. Ran the freshly sharpened 520 until it threw the chain and finished up with the 750. Didn't do any splitting as this wood won't be burned until next season so I loaded up about a truckload of 10-16" rounds and called it a day right before dark. Still have another truckload to cut there tomorrow which will go into the barn. I'm probably gonna cut some more hedge tomorrow too, we're supposed to get a pretty good winter storm here early next week.

TFB

Latest posts

Back