Professional chain sharpening

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now that's just slick. We've got two cordless Dremels like the one shown. What size diamond bit is needed for 3/8 pitch chain, and where can a fella pick them up? :clap:

Go on the bay and search "chainsaw diamond " ..
watch the tricks they play on the prices.
i can get eight bits for $2.50 ea delivered.
they come in three sizes,same as file sizes.
again,the diamond bits dont change size like the stones..
i dont use the guide,as some file guys dont need one a little practice and it's easy.
i use a grinder and diamond rotary and files as needed..in the field taking a break or lunch i use the file and take my time and freshen the chain a bit.with the chain on the saw and needing sharpening i use the diamond bit..
off the saw on a rocked or otherwise bad chain i use the grinder..
i find it is another usefull tool and fills in a gap between the file and grinder,and is the easiest to use..
for less than the price of one short chain why not give it a try ??
if you dont like them they can also be used for porting :).

Here are the numbers on the end of my bar. If someone could help me find a good spare chain from baileys I would appreciate the help. I'm still new at this.

Echo cs-510 20" bar

BM38332
20ACAD3378

I will also check out the files on their site, I hope to order a decent set of files and a spare chain and learn to do my own. I believe a Carlton chain is what is on there now, not sure if that is what came on the saw originally as I got it used.

Back