Project Stumpbroke Makita 7900

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is one of the loads the 7901 cut last week... Delivered it Saturday to an OWB customer... Gotta eat yer wheatie's to stack these bad boys...
:hmm3grin2orange:

attachment.php

Thanks for the thread Stumpy. Your pictures were very detailed and I appreciate the time you spent taking the photos. It's cool because when you read the thread from my end it's like almost being there watching you port it.

I finally got my turn at molesting one of these for a local guy. It came to ma as a tired ex-rental 6401.
[video=youtube_share;lTKmDSZwYmY]http://youtu.be/lTKmDSZwYmY[/video]

It will be receiving a new OEM 7900 top end with the new slab sided piston, HD filter setup, and of course a sticker.:laugh:

100_1389.jpg

Local guy you say? Thanks again Stumpy, nice job on the saw and thanks for working so secretly with my wife. I definitely enjoyed the surprise.

got to run that 7900 today... needless to say this one would blend in better in that porta potty:msp_w00t: just kiddin stump i was preety impressed by it, and got work on setting all this up with sarah, andy was still surprised when he stoped up here:msp_thumbup:

got to run that 7900 today... needless to say this one would blend in better in that porta potty:msp_w00t: just kiddin stump i was preety impressed by it, and got work on setting all this up with sarah, andy was still surprised when he stoped up here:msp_thumbup:

Don't ya just love it when a plan comes together???? Like I said Andy,,, couldnt have happened to a nicer guy!!!!

Last edited:
Now that the Kita is outta the bag I can fess up. This saw wasn't a build for a local. It was a special build for a really nice guy/friend. This thread http://www.arboristsite.com/chainsaw/198509.htm will explain the doins done by Sarah. I was more than happy that she had me do this. A few other members were in on it too.

I'll go through my vids from this weekend to see If I have any of this saw.
I do have one last pic of it after I switched stickers to a more color coded one.
100_1535.jpg

Latest posts

Back