Project woodshed

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice looking shed. I assume that once you cut the door out you need to build some type of frame for the door to finish it all off?

yup, youre right, msot likely we'll do it traditional way and cut slot in the end of logs that end up getting cut and embed a plank there, thats how its normally done...

Allrighty, made the roof "ready" its only missing the roof planks now, which we will add in the fall...

valmis_lato.JPG

valmis_lato2.JPG

Yesterday we begun another woodshed since we had some trees and planks left and were gonna start building house near the shed on next spring...

So, heres some pics...

ps. how to get pics to show on post???

you got a button looking like mountain and a sun, yellow background !
it's for inserting pics, i think you can figure the rest out as you go ahead :)
Or just ask more about it !!!

Me and dad debarking the log
attachment.php

Me and dad carrying log
attachment.php

And this is how we left it on saturday...
attachment.php

allrighty, we spent this weekend working on second woodshed and here's the results, hope you like the pics and feel free to comment :greenchainsaw:

not yet finished
attachment.php

One way to make doorhole
attachment.php

another way (this is from old shed made in 80's by my dad, its next to new one)
attachment.php

finished (well, its missing roof but it will be done later)
attachment.php

our signatures and year its finished, traditionally marked on one of logs... Thumbrule is that you make it well enough that you dare to put your signature on it...
attachment.php

more to come....

The old shed made by my dad...
attachment.php

And some wildlife too, there were three of them sitting next to road but didnt have gun :angry2:
attachment.php

Thats all for today...

Nice shed. I'd like to learn to build with logs and mill lumber. I would like to build my mom a house when she retires for all that she's done for me. Evan

Nice shed. I'd like to learn to build with logs and mill lumber. I would like to build my mom a house when she retires for all that she's done for me. Evan

building log houses aint that hard long as you have tools and someone to teach you....

Back