Proud owner of Solo 636 Magnum

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rainman14624

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Went to my local Ace Home Center. Walked in looking for some tips for my drip irrigation in the garden when I walked past the chain saws. Sign said "As is, no returns. Marked down to $111.90." It was the color of Poulan baby sh*t yellow. I'd never seen a Solo that wasn't red. I asked the clerk about it and she said it was the display model and the box had disappeared. They don't carry Solos any more and wanted to get rid of it. I ran home and found this thread - http://www.arboristsite.com/showthread.php?t=45875&highlight=Solo+636+Magnum
I immediately went back and bought the saw for a total with tax of $120.85 with 16-inch bar and chain. Came home, poured a little rich gas/oil mix and she hit on the second pull. Pushed in the choke and she fired right up. Underneath the handle is a silver sticker that says 645. Apparently I now have a 44cc saw to go with my Solo 650. As well as the 650 runs, looks like there won't be any room for the Stihl MS250. What should I ask for the Stihl with no more than 25 hours on it?
Rainman

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back